Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience with a strong background in internal control reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent education requirements.
- Professional Credentials: CPA, CISA, MIIA and/or CIA certifications preferred
- Recent position as an Auditor of Public Companies or equivalent experience as an Internal Audit or SOX program leader in a public company environment
- Broad range of progressive achievement in auditing process, application and IT-related infrastructure controls
- Financial reporting or public company auditing experience that included development, evaluation and testing systems of internal control
- Working knowledge of Workiva Wdesk a plus
- Understanding of internal control frameworks (COSO)
- Understanding of the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley
Keys to Success:
- Experience with SOX Compliance
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- High standard of ethics discipline and professionalism.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist with the end-to-end process walkthroughs with business areas across the enterprise to understand, document, and evaluate the design effectiveness of processes, risks, key controls and key reports
- Assist business partners with creating end-to-end flowcharts of major processes which identify key control points, inputs, outputs, and potential gaps
- Maintain documentation of ICFR assessments, including maintaining control language, risk assessment, and testing documentation within the Workiva application
- Develop, update, maintain, execute and review test plans for key controls and key report
- Utilize a continuous improvement mindset, provide ideas to the team for improved efficiency/effectiveness
- Evaluate control deficiencies and partner with business areas on creating action plans for issue remediation
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the performance of their internal control activities
Assists and supports the organization with initial compliance with and ongoing preparation, testing and monitoring of conformance to the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation. Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation, as it relates to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section(s) 302 or 404 compliance. Conducts ongoing SOX audits, assessing risk in terms of financial, operational and strategic controls. Identifies risk and evaluates deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them. Communicates audit results and prepares written documentation/reports as it relates to SOX, disclosing all significant deficiencies to management. Facilitates internal training on requirements of SOX compliance. May require experience using SOX Express and other computer databases including enterprise wide software systems. May require expertise in interpreting SOP 97-2. Uses knowledge of SOX Act of 2002, GAAP, Oracle, SAP, Visio and/or a variety of desktop applications.
The ideal person for this position will have a demonstrated understanding of internal controls and its application to U.S. GAAP, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions. This position will assist with risk assessments and manage all documentation related to the Company’s system of internal control while also providing recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment for financial reporting and reports that allow the organization to certify compliance. Every day is a new challenge and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands-on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Varex’s business objectives.
Our products are designed to harness the power of X-ray energy to pioneer advances in many applications. We offer a wide range of products including X-ray tubes, flat panel digital detectors, high-voltage connectors, X-ray collimators, ionization chambers, mammography paddles, solid state automatic exposure control systems, and buckies for digital imaging.
Our goal is to help our customers become world-class system suppliers by strengthening their competitiveness and enabling them to bring products to market faster. Our rich history spans 65+ years of dedication to the imaging industry, but our everyday work is devoted to our partners’ success.
Why Work Here?Varex Imaging Corporation is a leading independent supplier of medical X-ray tubes and image processing solutions. From medical imaging, to cargo screening and border security, our components are used by X-ray imaging system manufacturers around the globe to detect, diagnose, and protect. Our products are designed to harness the power of X-ray energy to pioneer advances in many applications. We offer a wide range of products including X-ray tubes, flat panel digital detectors, high-voltage connectors, X-ray collimators, ionization chambers, mammography paddles, solid state automatic exposure control systems, and buckies for digital imaging. Our goal is to help our customers become world-class system suppliers by strengthening their competitiveness and enabling them to bring products to market faster. Our rich history spans 65+ years of dedication to the imaging industry, but our everyday work is devoted to our partners’ success.
Varex Imaging brings together the world's brightest minds to succeed in our ongoing mission to save lives.
Salt Lake City, UT