We are currently seeking a Corporate Consolidations-GL Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting Team in Salt Lake City, Utah!
Corporate Consolidations-GL Accountant will report to the Assistant Global Controller, this role will have primary responsibility for the company’s corporate consolidations activities for 35+ global legal entities including reconciliation of intercompany accounts, liaising with international accounting teams to drive monthly close process, and analyzing foreign currency impacts. Working in partnership with the corporate and regional accounting teams (both internal and external service providers), the successful candidate provides accounting and financial oversight for our international entities and is primarily responsible for the completeness, accuracy and compliance of all financial records for multiple legal entities. This person is a high profile business partner for Business Operations, Tax, Treasury, Internal Audit and Corporate Accounting and is a key resource for setting up and maintaining new legal entities and business processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the consolidation process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results
- Drive the coordination of financial and reporting activities for operations across our international entities and branches, including interacting with local accountants and reconciling intercompany transactions on a monthly basis. Includes preparation/review of journal entries, approval of intercompany eliminations and management of the monthly consolidation process.
- Manage the intercompany process for transactions between all entities/branches to ensure proper treatment and documentation. Ensure settlements are in accordance with intercompany agreements and accounts are reconciled and in compliance with territory tax requirements.
- Review Intercompany transactions/recharges and reconciliations
- Prepare and/or review management reports related to Intercompany accounts
- Monitor the Intercompany clearing account balances and report issues if any. Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders to resolve the differences
- Investigate and resolve imbalances between the entities
- Review all intercompany journals and account reconciliation on time as per close calendar deadlines prescribed by the Intercompany Accounting Manger
- Ensure proper accounting of foreign currency related items (CTA, FX gains/losses), including monthly analysis and recording of FX gain/losses.
- Ensure foreign subsidiaries are accounting for transactions appropriately under US GAAP and statutory requirements and filings are performed timely and deadlines are met.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audit related activities as well as annual international statutory audits, including preparing audit support and schedules timely and accurately.
- Drive consistency in financial close processes for acquired businesses.
- Evaluate and recommend SAP system optimization opportunities.
- Assist in the monthly close process to deliver financial reporting
- Propose and post monthly journal entries
- Detailed G/L account research to understand / comment on irregular patterns
- Review monthly P&L variances to budget and prepare consolidation reports for review by the Senior Management
- Assist with year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors
- Assist in the documentation and compliance with SOX
- Perform and/or supervise special projects as assigned
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years of multi-country/currency corporate accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience with combination of financial audits and public manufacturing company experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP (U.S. and international), IFRS knowledge
- Proficient in SAP ECC General Ledger module
- Understand SOX and Internal controls
- Public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of relevant computer applications, including Excel (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc.), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in SAP BPC
- Understanding in SOX and Internal controls.