Quality Assurance Manager, Aerospace, Manufacturing
Competitive Salary [about $110K] – Full Benefits – World Class Corporation
- Develop, implement and monitor all key quality systems and procedures.
- Manage quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements and proactively support engineering and manufacturing to meet or exceed requirements.
- Manage the quality organization's budget in support of the company's goals and objectives.
- Lead the Continual Process Improvement program and reinforce a culture that supports it throughout the business.
- Ensure total product integrity by providing strategic leadership in establishing a common quality vision, culture, structure, management systems and processes.
- Develop and implement a company culture of personal accountability through the deployment of lean manufacturing, employee effectiveness and improved facility utilization strategies to achieve the overall business objectives associated with safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer satisfaction.
- Team with the Supply Chain organization to develop and implement a supplier qualification process and ensure the quality of downstream parts delivery.
- Negotiate with all current and proposed customers to establish contractual quality requirements and quality statement of work.
- Lead/Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where applicable.
- Driving KPI metrics to measure operational performance, analyze data for improvement.
PRIMARILY: Radome antennas are precision instruments. Whether used for satellite communications, air traffic control, weather tracking or surveillance, an antenna's performance will suffer immeasurably if it's left to the mercy of the elements. A radome is an electromagnetically transparent dome-like structure that houses an antenna. The primary responsibilities of a radome are to protect an antenna from the ravages of the environment, or to provide an environment where the antenna is critical for security.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent is required, Master's Degree or MBA is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working in the Quality Department of a manufacturing facility. DoD Experience leading quality in a high mix/low volume based business model in the defense or space industry, specifically for electronic/communication defense systems is highly preferred.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000.
- Experience working with major aerospace prime manufacture.
- Detailed experience in either FAA certification or Military Qualification programs a must. Experience in both, desired.
- Experience as a leader of critical business processes and initiatives and aligning them in an ERP based enterprise system. Certified Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt, Operational Excellence Leader.
- Demonstrated leadership and change agent skills, deploying lean, kaizen and continuous improvement processes.
- Prior leadership experience operating in a government contracting environment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security level clearance
7+ to 10 years’ experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior/ Management Experience Required – No/Minimum Education - Bachelor's
Bill Marek - CEO
Bill Marek-CEO Vantage Point Recruiters www.vprecruiters.com firstname.lastname@example.org Leading National Recruiter-Specializing in Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction.