Plant Manager, Operations, Industrial Manufacturing, Senior Level
Relocation offered: YES
Competitive Salary [about $150K] – Full Benefits – World Class Corporation
Seeking individuals who have a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a manufacturing environment, as well as the passion to put that experience to work to lead a plant/location team to achieve manufacturing excellence. Our Plant Managers partner with the Leadership Team to translate business strategy into actions that drive business results. This position provides an ideal opportunity for a leader who has a desire to progress into higher positions.
This position plans, directs and controls activities of the operating plant/location to accomplish budgeted financial objectives and customer requirements. Plant Managers are responsible for planning and performance in Sales, Human Resources, Purchasing, Finance, Manufacturing, EH&S, Engineering and Quality. This position is also responsible for driving manufacturing excellence in support of short-term and long range business objectives and strategies.
· Ensures a culture is in place that puts the safety and welfare of our employees ahead of all other goals. Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace.
· Develops manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives. Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
· Sets the vision for the organization by formulating and guiding the implementation of long (2-5 years) and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
· Leads a multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
· Accountable for leading manufacturing, environment, health and safety, engineering, quality, human resources, and finance to achieve business objectives including meeting customer requirements and achieving financial objectives.
· Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on ABS (Business System) specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
· Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
· Manages an effective team including hiring, motivating, evaluating, developing and counseling with career development.
· Direct preparation of operational budgets and coordinates capital plans, appropriation requests, and project follow up.
· Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a passion for an injury-free workplace
· Lead the implementation of tactics to achieve improvement in on-time delivery, yield improvement, scrap reduction, and productivity.
· Establishes the goals and metrics to drive improvement, and refine activities as needed with monitoring the projected effects of forecasts on the business unit, revenues, and the “external gross profit”.
· Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, organizational plans, etc., and monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues, and the “external gross profit.”
· Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters.
· Champions a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts in the business units – marketing, engineering, finance, manufacturing, operations, and quality and external to business unit, customer service, sales, sales administration, technical services and distribution. Responsible for cross-functional coordination and specification of effective processes and standards for support departments.
· Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in applicable areas.
· Ensures that effective business unit systems, procedures and financial controls are established and maintained for the business unit’s operations.
Essential Knowledge / Skills:
· Strong financial acumen - ability to understand a P&L and comprehend the ramifications of decisions from a financial perspective will be a major component of this position
· Experience with robust compliance requirements and business conduct policies.
· Ability to oversee large capital projects: Ability to optimize capital expenditures to sustain operations, drive EHS value, and deliver growth products.
· Strong operations competence: Experience leading multiple plants and hands-on experience with TPM and ability to create a highly flexible manufacturing operation. Ability to drive improvement through the implementation of the lean manufacturing principles.
· Demonstrated results in leading manufacturing excellence.
· Strong technical understanding of manufacturing processes and working knowledge in all business activities. Results driven: The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to deliver
consistently outstanding operating and financial results. They will have introduced substantive improvements to processes, operations, or practices throughout a large portion of their business and will be relentless in driving positive change. The candidate also will have created new approaches to existing problems that have had significant impact on their business and will have implemented world–class and leading-edge performance standards.
· People leadership: This leader will have a strong track record as a people manager in the areas of team leadership and building organizational capabilities. The successful candidate will have built high performance and achievement oriented teams that have delivered success. He/she will spend significant time with employees in the field and will routinely solicit ideas, suggestions and help in order to arrive at a better solution while reinforcing the value of the team. The individual will empower people and groups to take risks while measuring performance and holding them accountable for results.
Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution;
Previous work Experience in investment casting process environment.
CANDIDATE DETAILS: 7+ to 10 years’ experience / Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required – Yes / Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Bill Marek - CEO