Manufacturing QUALITY ENGINEER, Engineering, Automotive
Competitive Salary [about $76K] – Full Benefits – World Class Manufacturing Corporation
The Quality Engineer II provides internal and external consulting support to individuals and groups that are internal and external to the organization, including Manufacturing, Engineering, customers, and vendors. Additionally, the Quality Engineer supports on-time delivery of products that meet established product specifications, analyzes quality problems, and develops data-based solutions which correct root-cause deficiencies.
- Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, responsible for customer-plant liaison, implementation and improvement of statistical methods, quality cost analysis, specification and procedure development, and conduct of plant quality audits;
- Perform liaison between manufacturing plants and customers relative to customer specifications, customer quality requirements, and customer problems;
- Review customer complaints, analyze returns, and make recommendations for corrective action;
- Assist plants in implementation of statistical methods and quality improvement programs;
- Assist in conducting annual plant audits and systems surveys;
- Update and augment Group Quality Assurance procedures and systems;
- Continually strive to improve testing methods, tooling, and equipment through statistical sampling to ensure adequate quality in our manufactured product;
- Monitor manufacturing processes through periodic audits and evaluations, to ensure that processes are followed and to prevent non-conformances to avoid jeopardizing product quality;
- Remain flexible with daily activities in order to handle emergency issues as they arrive;
- Travel as necessary and on short notice to customers and suppliers to resolve problems;
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards;
3+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior / Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Do you have a minimum of 3 years in Quality Assurance role within Manufacturing environment?
Do you have ASQ certification?
Do you have experience with internal /external audits: ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949?
Do you have experience with the Automotive Quality Core Tools such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA, and MSA
Do you have experience as a Tier I Supplier in the automotive industry or direct for Automotive OEM;
Do you have formal course work in Industrial Statistical Methods?
Bill Marek - CEO