DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, Manufacturing, Aerospace
Relocation Offered: YES
Competitive Salary [about $165K] – Full Benefits – World Class Global Corporation.
Responsibilities include the functional management of the Manufacturing department for our Imaging Systems business in Rochester, NY. This position is focused on providing overall leadership and support to the Operations activities in support of Programs and Pursuits.
Must be able to qualify for: TS/SCI security clearance- This is for aerospace / defense industry Manufacturing Corporation. Systems Integration.
In this role, the Director of Operations is the site Operations lead with responsibility for coordinating functional support of program execution while in parallel leading the deployment of site specific continuous improvement activities. This includes direct supervision and leadership of the ~300-person Manufacturing organization, inclusive of Assembly technicians and tool makers, Manufacturing Engineering, Test Engineering, and Production Planning, along with indirect coordination with Mission Assurance/Quality, Supply Chain and EH&S teams.
- Meet functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development,
engagement, retention, and overall management of the Operations department / function.
- Provide staffing for programs, pursuits, and internal efforts (IR&D, Special Projects, etc.) within the Imaging System Division for all Manufacturing needs.
- Meet functional organization and business AOP budgets.
- Advance Manufacturing/Operations processes as appropriate to ensure tools, processes, and staff are competitive and applicable to the division needs.
- Develop and implement capital sustainment plans that support the expansion of manufacturing capabilities, optimizes the facility space and resources and supports future division needs
- Advance lean deployment activity across Rochester operations
- Support pursuits and proposals in the business, including review/approval of technical proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) as needed.
- Lead/Support Technical Tiger Teams for Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) assessment on programs where applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, or equivalent, to include at least 8 years of Manufacturing/Operations leadership
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Manufacturing/Operations tools and technologies
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current and active TS/SCI security clearance preferred
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience with Optical & Electronics Manufacturing processes preferred.
- Strong background in Lean/Six-Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong executive communication and presentation skills
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS: Program Management / LEAN / large team experience
CANDIDATE DETAILS: 10+ to 15 years’ experience/Seniority Level - Director
Management Experience Required – Yes/Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Bill Marek - CEO