Construction, Senior Project Executive, Industrial/Manufacturing, Twenty Locations
Minneapolis, MN OR; see City listing below
Competitive Salary [about $186K] – Full Benefits – World Class Corporation.
*** This person will serve as a Project Executive on multiple industrial/manufacturing projects and will require up to 50% travel out of the Atlanta office-OR-out of 20 different USA locations. This role is a Vice President level position***
May Sit in: Atlanta: OR; Tampa, Savannah, Kansas City, Charlotte, Nashville, Houston, Austin, Dallas, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Colorado Springs, Denver, Charleston, Raleigh, Reston, Springfield, Omaha, Des Moines, Minneapolis, Portland, Williston.
Key Role Responsibilities – Core
- REQUIRED: Large Project/ program experience ranging from $50M-$200M in any of the following market sectors: Automotive, Aerospace, Metals, Plastics, Consumer Goods, Paper, Food & Beverage, Cold Storage and Standard Warehouse (Required).
GROUP MANAGEMENT FAMILY
- Safety: Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Corporate Leadership: Assists senior management with strategy development; develops and supports company-wide initiatives, best practices and policies within the work program.
- Strategy Development: Provides strategic direction to team members in light of broader work program strategic plans across all areas of the project lifecycle.
- Client Relationship: Serves as the primary client relationship executive at a leadership level, exhibiting a deep knowledge and understanding of the client. Builds and maintains long-term relationships with new and existing target clients to build new business opportunities and cultivate repeat wins.
- Business Development: Creates the complete business development strategy to increase work program growth that is aligned with organizational goals and KSIs by identifying opportunities for new business development. Leverages broad knowledge of client relationships, staff availability and overall market strategy to inform lead/deal qualification, RFP response and ultimately, win strategy. Evaluates the competitive environment of the work program, including competitor strengths, vulnerabilities and market fee levels, in order to develop a successful market and business development strategy. Participates in the sales process, presentations and key marketing activities. Develops strategies to secure maximum margin and revenue. Leads contract review and negotiation to obtain preferred terms and conditions, mitigate risk and secure maximum margin and revenue.
- Risk Management: Serves as escalation point for all project, financial, business development, contractual and client relationship risks for the work program relative to contractual obligations. Resolves escalated project, staffing, financial, schedule, contractual, subcontractor and client relationship issues throughout project lifecycle. Negotiates issue resolution including change orders, contingency expenditures and appropriate fee enhancements. Conducts project risk assessments and escalates various risks to supervisor to provide visibility, mitigate risk and create appropriate solutions.
- Subcontractor Strategy: Builds close relationships with the subcontractor community to develop long-term partners. Drives the selection process of qualified subcontractors to achieve targeted project results. Develops and executes overall subcontractor strategy for work program success.
- Preconstruction: Participates in preconstruction discussions with clients at a leadership level. Leads internal team and collaborates with external partners to develop contractual obligations, such as estimates, schedules, staffing plan and business plan.
- Project Schedule: Oversees and assesses all components of project review throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure contractual obligations are met and to hold team members accountable to all expectations.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
- Concept to completion preconstruction responsibilities to include business development, marketing support, client presentations, technical proposal assembly, conceptual to final design estimating.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software such as CMiC (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in required construction technology (Advanced).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy (Intermediate).
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability, and generate future work (Advanced).
- Ability to complete estimating and productivity analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of successful completion of projects from start to finish (Advanced).
- Thorough knowledge of MBE (Minority Business Enterprise), WBE (Women Owned Business Enterprise), and SBA (Small Business Administration) regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 10+ year’s construction management experience.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Large Project/ program experience ranging from 50M-200M in any of the following market sectors: Automotive, Aerospace, Metals, Plastics, Consumer Goods, Paper, Food & Beverage, Cold Storage and Standard Warehouse (Required).
- Design-Build, EPC, IPD project experience (Preferred).
- Experience in Greenfield construction, process industrial plant projects, and heavy industry market (Preferred).
- Self-perform work strategy and execution experience (Preferred).
- Direct relationships and experience working with Fortune 500 manufacturing companies (Preferred).
Does this candidate have Large Project/ program experience ranging from 50M-200M in any of the following market sectors: Automotive, Aerospace, Metals, Plastics, Consumer Goods, Paper, Food & Beverage, Cold Storage and Standard Warehouse (Required).
This role ideally will sit in Atlanta, GA; but for the right candidate can sit in any of our 23 offices across the country but will require lots of travel.
Bill Marek - CEO
Bill Marek-CEO Vantage Point Recruiters www.vprecruiters.com email@example.com Leading National Recruiter-Specializing in Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction.
Vantage Point Recruiters
Why Work Here?A seasoned, avid, professional recruiter/headhunter. Relentless, experienced pursuit of THE candidate worthy of serious hiring consideration. Search, Assess and Deliver top talent to you, streamlining your hiring process and adding immediate and positive value to your corporation! Vantage Point Recruiters is a highly respected employment, consulting and recruiting search firm, successfully delivering strategic, impact players to corporations nationwide. Our experience, network, software, search engines, databank, contacts, and resources are far-reaching. Combined with our focus and expertise, the result is prime candidates for your review, and successful hire! Bill Marek-CEO Vantage Point Recruiters www.vprecruiters.com firstname.lastname@example.org Leading National Recruiter-Specializing in Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction.
"Search, Assess and Deliver top talent to our clients, streamlining the hiring process and adding immediate and positive value to their corp