Accountant, Financial Analyst, Costing, Manufacturing Facility
Relocation Offered: YES
Competitive Salary [about $60K] Full Benefits – World Class Corporation
Seeking a Financial Analyst in support of the finance function at the Hampton, VA manufacturing facility. This position reports to the Plant Controller.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position will provide key financial support to the plant including annual budget, monthly forecast, weekly flash, month-end close, monthly financial reporting, ad-hoc business financial analysis, internal control testing and compliance.
Do you have experience in cost accounting? - Do you have experience in Hyperion and/or Oracle?
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts, weekly forecast updates, financial and operational results analysis, monthly account reconciliation, inventory analysis, and costing activities.
- Partner with the Plant Controller and Lead Team with the development of the annual plan.
- Perform Self-Assessment audits as well as ensuring SOX compliance.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly manufacturing variances and plant expenses that can significantly impact job costing such as raw material alloy purchases, alloy inventory, and cost of production labor, outplant, qualification and development, and research and development cost.
- Assists internal and external auditors on facility audits.
- Assist with analyzing actual cost changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided to determine effect on cost in achieving the plants 4M’s.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing cost and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production cost.
- Assist in providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in providing actual financial results and performance measures to corporate office on monthly basis.
- Assist Controller with providing actual unit job costs to Business Centers and manufacturing staff monthly, measuring process improvement, and determining earnings.
- Trains, develops, and supervises cost accounting technicians to continuously improve job performance and enhance department’s productivity and plant goals.
Skills & Abilities: Ability to use Excel and other software programs such as Hyperion and Oracle for reporting/analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 1 to 3 years of diversified accounting experience including general accounting, job and process cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting in manufacturing.
- Ability to plan, organize or coordinate cost accounting activities.
Preferred Qualifications: MBA Degree - Prior experience in manufacturing environment
1+ to 3 years experience / Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
IDEAL CANDIDATE: Early career professional with prior financial experience in a manufacturing, production/industrial environment. Comfortable spending time on production floor regularly.
Bill Marek - CEO
Bill Marek-CEO Vantage Point Recruiters www.vprecruiters.com firstname.lastname@example.org Leading National Recruiter-Specializing in Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction.
Vantage Point Recruiters
Why Work Here?A seasoned, avid, professional recruiter/headhunter. Relentless, experienced pursuit of THE candidate worthy of serious hiring consideration. Search, Assess and Deliver top talent to you, streamlining your hiring process and adding immediate and positive value to your corporation! Vantage Point Recruiters is a highly respected employment, consulting and recruiting search firm, successfully delivering strategic, impact players to corporations nationwide. Our experience, network, software, search engines, databank, contacts, and resources are far-reaching. Combined with our focus and expertise, the result is prime candidates for your review, and successful hire! Bill Marek-CEO Vantage Point Recruiters www.vprecruiters.com email@example.com Leading National Recruiter-Specializing in Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction.
"Search, Assess and Deliver top talent to our clients, streamlining the hiring process and adding immediate and positive value to their corp