Assistant Project Manager
We are searching for a detail-oriented Assistant Project Manager with 1-3 years’ experience in commercial construction. Our ideal candidate is a personable and tenacious self-starter responsible for assisting a project management team in all aspects of managing a successful commercial construction project.
Vantage Construction Corporation’s mission is to provide high quality construction services on time, safely, and at a fair price. Our strong, small company culture has made Vantage the successful business it is today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interaction with clients, design professionals, subcontractors, vendors as well as the internal project management team including the Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assists in all facets of estimating including issuance of RFP’s to subcontractors, review of plans and specifications for development of project scope, preparation of complete bid packages to current and prospective clients
- Assists in the preparation of RFI’s, meeting minutes, change orders, subcontractor and owner requisition packages, project cost coding and submittal packages
- Observes and assists in project accounting to include cost coding and job cost management reporting
- Learns Procore Management software to assist in all aspects of the project
- Learns to develop and maintain CPM schedules
- Learn technical construction means and methods
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with a reputation for being accurate, responsive, and well organized.
- Strong self-starter with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills within cross functional teams.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of project contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Good math/accounting skills
- Ability to read drawings and specifications
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Quick learner
Education and/or Experience:
College degree in Construction or Engineering - preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Written and Verbal Communication – Writes and speaks clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of strong computer applications; Internet software to include Procore, Smartsheet, Excel and other project management software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently walk, stand, bend and reach. The employee must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all Company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite. Heavy equipment may be used and he/she needs to be able to lift weighty objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work for this role typically involves work performed on a construction site where the noise level can be high.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Vantage Construction Corp
20130 Lakeview Center PlzAshburn, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.