RESTAURANT TEAM MEMBER - CREW
320 N Porter
Norman OK 73069
Building the perfect Sandwich - and having fun doing it - is the first step to building your career at VANS PIG STAND. Sharpen your customer-service and teamwork skills, learn to make great food and get ready to grow. Whether you have experience as a cashier, server, cook, prep cook, dishwasher, housekeeper, bartender or no experience at all, this could be the opportunity to develop into a restaurant manager position. We can offer part time or full time schedules depending on what you are looking for and the needs of the restaurant. We promote most of our managers from within and are looking for that next generation of leaders to apply now.
Our Crew members take pride in preparing and serving VANS PIG STAND'S delicious food. They know that in order to do this right, they need a clean and organized work area. By consistently following the proper recipes and procedures, and adhering to VANS PIG STAND'S high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning and sanitation, teamwork and customer service, they help to ensure that the VANS PIG STAND customer experience is always the best it can be. Crew members get to learn about and work at a variety of stations. In each area they’re greeting and interacting with VANS PIG STAND'S customers directly, making their meals, while portioning out the ingredients to our standards. Crew members’ responsibilities require them to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to take on tasks they see that need to get done, and pitch in to help their teammates.
In addition to following VANS PIG STAND'S policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Following recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as cooking, marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables
• Completing hot and cold food preparation assignment accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
• Preparing food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to customer volume
• Maintaining appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line
• Maintaining proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
• Providing friendly, quality customer service to each VANS PIG STAND'S customer
• Working toward understanding and articulating Food With Integrity
• Consistently and accurately using prep sheets, Road Maps, cleanliness list, and station checklists
• Following VANS PIG STAND'S sanitation standards including washing cookware and utensils throughout the day
• Cleaning equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to VANS PIG STAND'S sanitation guideline
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
• Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
• Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
• Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
• Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
• Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
• Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
• Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
• Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
At VANS PIG STAND we don't have multiple job titles for our entry level employees but all of our crew will play the role of dishwasher, cashier, server, cook, prep cook, etc. so be prepared to learn a lot and work hard if you join the team. Most of the jobs that we are hiring for are entry level positions. If you are interested in interviewing for a restaurant general manager or assistant restaurant manager position and have previous restaurant management experience you can search our careers page for more opportunities as we may have some of those positions available. Most of these management positions are filled internally but there are some exceptions.
Vans Pigstands Norman
Why Work Here?Van's Pig Stands has been in business in Shawnee since 1930. Van's is currently seeking qualified cooks/cashiers,and Managers for long term employment in our Moore, Norman and Purcell locations, as well as future growth opportunities. We are Oklahoma's oldest single family owned BBQ Restaurant. We currently have 5 units with plans for growth in the near future.
If you love BBQ and People you will love this job!