Vannguard Utility Partners Bloomington, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, 401k, dental
We are recruiting Underground Utility Locators in your area for a Training Class!
Vannguard is currently seeking new team members with the right attitude in a drug-free environment.
Our Underground Utility Locators are responsible, self-motivated individuals who enjoy the freedom of working outdoors. We will train the right individual who is committed to safety, comfortable working on their own, pays close attention to detail, and takes pride in completing a job well done.
Our Underground Utility Locators drive a company vehicle to job sites and use computer utility maps along with specialized equipment to find underground cables, pipes, and other underground utilities to prevent damages and ensure the safety of the excavation, landscaping and construction community.
Problem-solvers who are not afraid of hard work and know that quality is their priority should consider a career as an Underground Utility Locator with Vannguard Utility Partners Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company vehicles directly from home to job sites in response to routine ticket requests, emergencies, and relocates.
- Utilizes the provided mapping tools and other location information, along with locating equipment, to locate underground utilities including, but not limited to: electric and gas utilities telephone and other communication lines.
- Indicates utility locations through the utilization of paint, flags, and communicates other relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities.
- Responds to after-hours emergency call-outs in accordance with the established rotation schedule.
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Training
- Competitive Wages
- Dental, Health and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude:
- Computer Skills
- Valid driver's license in the applicable state of employment.
- Must be able to work overtime when duties cannot be performed within a normal work schedule.
- Will be subject to Vannguard's Drug-Free Workplace Program, and complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to self-manage and communicate with supervisors and clients in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees regularly:
- Drive 50 to 300+ miles daily as required by the assigned geographic locating area.
- Get in and out of a vehicle 50+ times a day.
- Stand and walk long distances (1+ miles) over uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
- Sit for long periods of time while driving.
- Lift and/or move 50 to 150 pounds.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Vannguard Utility Partners
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Vannguard Utility Partners