Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the team. This position will serve a client in the education sector. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for supervising the Project Management team members to ensure activities are being completed. This position will report to the Project Director or other assigned project leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all management activities from project inception to the bidding phase.
- Procure design phase project consultants using competitive request for proposal process.
- Issues and manages design phase consultant contracts.
- Understands District’s procurement policies and seeks approval, as needed from the Board of Education prior to entering into contracts.
- Ensures consultants comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts. Ensures timely and accurate deliverables.
- Develops and manages project budget during the design.
- Coordinates the site assessments prior to the start of the design phase including but not limited to geotechnical assessment, site survey, utility assessment, dry rot and termite assessment.
- Communicates the owner’s project requirements to the architectural team during programming phase.
- Reviews architectural assessment and recommendations.
- Reviews design phase documents throughout the design to ensure that they comply with the District’s program, educational specifications, district standards, long range facilities plan and any other defined goals. Ensures that the documents are coordinated with the needs identified in the site assessments.
- Facilitates reconciliation of the design phase estimates. Ensures project remains on budget.
- Facilitates constructability review. Ensure consultants participate in constructability review as needed.
- Manages design phase schedule. Ensures that project remains on schedule.
- Manages CEQA process.
- Coordinates plan review with local utilities and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Develops presentation materials in concert with the architect to be presented to the Board of Education.
- Coordinates with various departments and stakeholders to procure input and design approvals.
- Stays engaged throughout the construction phase of the project to ensure design intent is maintained.
- Provides oversight on multiple and complex projects which fall under the jurisdiction of DSA.
- Responsible for project reporting.
- Reviews and approves monthly consultant invoices.
- Evaluates consultant change orders. Coordinates consultant and contractor change order approval process with the Board.
- Consistently follows the organization’s safety policy, promoting a positive and collaborative safety culture.
- Performs other duties as required to ensure project success.
- Coordinates as required with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Anticipate and resolve project challenges or issues.
- Be able to prioritize the critical issues on projects and work towards solutions.
- Experience with alternate delivery methods including design build, design bid build and lease back.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 9 years of experience as a Project Manager and an additional 3 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager supervising staff is required
- Experience with DSA / public projects in California, specifically with Higher Education, Community College, or K-12 projects is required
- Experience managing projects $35 million to $75 million is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices are required
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related Construction Management systems are required
- Ability to handle multiple contractors and multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously is required
- Registration as an Architect, Professional Engineer, and/or licensed as a General Contractor is preferred
- Certified Construction Manager preferred
- Experience with public contract code
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.