Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Senior Project Director provides leadership in areas of project management and operations overseeing multiple project teams. Duties include client relationships, marketing, internal administration, financial management, and employee development. This role is key in developing new work opportunities by identifying new leads, establishing new business contacts, potentially acting as proposal champion and/or capture manager for new pursuits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead construction efforts in accordance with the district’s program policies and procedures
- Develop an implementation plan and master schedule that reflects the priorities of the district
- Responsible for timely completion of all deliverables required by the client
- Financial reporting to the client and the bond oversight committee
- Develop and review contract documents
- Report and collaborate with client’s senior management team on all project matters
- Develop and implement a program quality management system
- Document and report all program/project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage program controls, cost, schedule, performance activities, and procedures required by the client
- Track all program and project level status and provide management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related contract requirements
- Create and present program and project data clearly to multiple internal and external stakeholder groups
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Develop recommended actions and assist in resolving disputes relative to design and construction
- Provide management of program logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure program and project success
- Ensure contractor, architect, and engineer will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture is required
- Ideal candidates will possess 15+ years of experience providing project / program management services
- Experience in managing the full construction of education construction project life-cycle: including pre-construction, design phases, and oversight of constructability reviews is required
- Knowledge and application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices are required
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project related scheduling systems such as MS Project or Primavera are required
- Experience in alternative project delivery methods including Design-Build is preferred
- Experience in maximizing the benefits of Building Information Modeling (BIM) is preferred
- Experience in application of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is preferred
- Registration as Architect or Professional Engineer license is preferred
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Ban The Box Act/Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.