Chemical/Environmental/Biosystems Engineer - Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Every day, we set out to change the way the world views waste and how each of us powers our lives. We are committed to reducing on-farm and food-generated greenhouse gas emissions from waste by as much as 95 percent and recycling organic waste into a powerful source of renewable energy and low-carbon fertilizer. We work alongside farms to manage manure, enhance regenerative agriculture practices, improve soil health, protect watersheds, and support herd wellness. Our Farm Powered Strategic Alliance with major food manufacturers and retailers, dairy organizations, and farms provide a path to decarbonization for our partners and a measurable impact in combating climate change.
Vanguard Renewables is seeking a Chemical, Environmental, or Biosystems Engineer to join our rapidly expanding operations team. This will support the technical operations team to optimize feedstock blends, digester performance, and gas production for fully operational digesters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors chemical and biological KPIs for fleet of anaerobic digesters and makes recommendations for operational improvement
- Helps identify and execute operational strategies for optimization of plant operations and RNG production
- Develops and improves tools to track and assess current and historical performance
- Collaborates across teams
- Reviews documentation and ensures accuracy in management of projects
- Evaluates, reviews, and analyzes technical/biological operations issues, presents findings, and provides proposals to operations management
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering or a similar field
- 1-3 years of engineering or operations experience in a similar role
- Hybrid schedule out of Wellesley, MA office
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A Postgraduate degree in Environmental Management or Renewable Energy is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills are desirable.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of environmental issues, processes, and impacts, particularly linked to renewable energy.
- Experience in anaerobic digestion, wastewater treatment, and/or food chemistry preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude with a high level of integrity and dependability
- Results-oriented with an ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
What We Offer
- Employer health care, vision, and wellness benefits.
- Annual incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Job Type: Full Time
- Phone Expense Reimbursement
Vanguard Renewables is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Vanguard has a vaccine mandate in place for all employees, and an Offer of Employment is conditional based on your ability to provide written documentation that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Waste Water jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.