Traveling Project Manager
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the successful management in the construction of Solar, BESS and Microgrid projects while ensuring a safe work place and profitability through integrated performance of the team.
The PM’s major responsibilities include design review, procurement, construction, testing, commissioning, and turnover. The utilization of strong contract administration, client relations, cost controls, financial management, schedule performance, quality assurance/ control, project administration, change control and safety will be mandatory. Other responsibilities include environmental compliance, licensing, permits, public relations, labor relations, site security and general site logistics will be relied on to the extent required for a successful project.
The PM is ultimately responsible for establishing the projects objectives, the project plan, and the project budget and schedule. The PM provides the necessary direction to the project team to ensure satisfactory performance by the functional departments thru all phases of the project including closeout and final report preparation.
- Manage construction projects for the installation of Photo Voltaic, Battery Energy Storage Systems, Microgrid and other Distributed/Onsite Energy Systems.
- Review subcontractor and vendor Shop Drawings to ensure conformity with VEP specifications.
- Generate scopes of work and issue RFPs from trades/subcontractors.
- Review Quotes/Bids/Estimates for all materials and labor.
- Create, transmit and log RFI’s to properly document unclear work.
- Ensure all submitted RFI’s are responded to promptly and the information is properly cataloged.
- Confirm that all responses from the RFI process are in written form and meet the VEP standards.
- Ensure all permits are properly applied for, obtained and properly displayed and maintained.
- Schedule and witness all inspections and insure permits are properly closed out once passed.
- Assist with all utility interconnection and state incentive paperwork.
- Responsible for scheduling of all labor, materials, onsite services, inspections.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all parties involved to ensure delivery of the highest quality product.
- Communicates as required to ensure subcontractor and vendor work is being done in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure we have an executed contract with each subcontractor prior to the commencement of any work.
- Confirms that all necessary insurance coverage is in effect and documented.
- Save all project documents in the appropriate folders in the shared drives.
- Manage the project Superintendents to ensure a safe and quality project.
- Coordinate material and equipment logistics with the project superintendent.
- Creates and maintain a Microsoft Project schedule for the entire project and update monthly.
- Reviews project schedule with leadership at monthly project review meetings.
- Interacts with Engineering and Estimating with feedback on estimates, cost, best practices, etc.
- Schedules monthly on-site internal VEP review meeting with O&M group to ensure smooth turnover.
- Be an active member in VEP’s safety program.
- Responsible to ensure costs are being properly coded, entered and tracked in accounting software.
- Create a monthly report which accurately forecasts the estimated final cost
- Review cost report with the VP of Operations and/or President at monthly project review meetings.
- Generate and deliver project AIAs to Accounting and the client to ensure positive cash flow monthly.
- Directly manage all subcontractor(s) invoices and provide written support for any discrepancies.
- Provide direct guidance to Accounting on the release of funds and any progress payments due.
- Work directly with VP of Operations, Accounting, and/or the President regarding all AP/ AR issues.
- Must be predictive and strategic.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- A combination of education and appropriate experience will be considered.
- Adept at identifying goals, priorities, key personal and possible disruptions
- Will be required to effectively manage all essential job duties and meet assigned deadlines.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to work under harsh field conditions
- Ability to successfully manage owners, clients, inspectors, tradespeople and other VEP personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, driven and results oriented, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to interact and clearly communicate with people on all levels, under all conditions
- Strong organizational skills.
- A conceptual knowledge of Racking systems, Panels, Inverters, DC wiring, AC wiring, Interconnection, DAS, Battery’s, Gensets, Turbines, ATS, Switchgear, NEC, Rapid Shutdown will be beneficial.
- Must be willing to travel to remote sites and stay on location for extended periods of time when needed.
Vanguard Energy Partners, LLC offers medical, dental and vision coverage to all employees as well as a 401 K with a company match.
Powered by JazzHR
Vanguard Energy Partners, LLCBranchburg Township, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.