Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group (VGEMG) is looking for a qualified part-time Payroll Assistant to assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in our company. For three days a week, you will undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages, and making payments with speed and accuracy.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in entering data with attention to detail. Good math skills are essential. The ideal candidate will be a thorough professional with good communication abilities and a great understanding of the concept of confidentiality,
Essential Job Responsibilties
- Experience with Paychex (preferred)
- Proven intermediate level experience using Microsoft Excel (preferred)
- Assist Controller in all tasks as assigned.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, and savings deductions.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and proceures; report needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Process W-2 forms for all VGEMG employees at the end of the year.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization