About the Position
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group has immediate openings for full-time (4 days or 5 days per week) Nurse Practitioners in its rapidly expanding service to long-term care facilities, including skilled, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. In this independent role you will coordinate neurobehavioral health care for geriatric and adult patients in an outpatient setting at an assigned group of our over 300 contracted extended care facilities. You'll provide evaluation and management of psychotropic medications in accordance with State and Federal regulations while establishing positive relationships with team members including families, staff, and peer clinicians. Though you will be working autonomously, you will also have the support and collaboration of our Chief Nurse Practitioner, Chief Medical Officer, collaborating Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, and Neurology Physicians, and Director of Psychological Services. While providing clinical excellence, you will also form relationships with facility residents, staff, and other Vanguard clinicians to facilitate a high level of care of your patient. In return for your excellent clinical care, Vanguard offers you:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience;
- Competitive Commencement Bonus
- Excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance;
- Paid time off for vacation and CME/CEU (full-time employees only);
- Stipend for CME/CEU;
- Company provided medical malpractice insurance and State licensing upkeep costs;
- Mileage reimbursed in accordance with federal and state regulations at the then-current state or federal allowable IRS rate
- Relocation assistance;
- Monthly videoconference continuing education programs; and
- Referral bonuses.
- Indiana License or immediately license eligible.
- Master’s in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Indiana Prescriptive Authority License, DEA Number.
- Board Certified (ANCC or AANP)
- Able to pass background testing: including criminal, motor vehicle record review, and drug screening.
- Able to pass credentialing process: including obtaining Medical Malpractice coverage, enrollment in private insurance, Medicare/Medicaid, CMS, and all other Federal/State programs.
- Ability to function autonomously while sufficiently servicing a prescribed daily caseload.
- Ability to provide the full-range of clinical care within your professional scope of practice without limitation.
- Ability to punctually keep to your scheduled professional appointments.
- Able to participate in NP “on-call” telephonic coverage schedule.
- Ability to create and maintain positive therapeutic relationships with patients and their community of interest.
- Ability to create and maintain positive professional relationships with client facilities and their staff/administration.
- Ability to achieve and maintain proficiency in Vanguard’s EMR and other required technical capabilities.
- Availability for your own transportation to convey you to your assigned sites of practice, reliably and without reasonable limitation.
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.