About the Position:
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group (VGEMG) is actively searching for qualified full-time Licensed Practical Nurses for our rapidly expanding service to over 300 contracted long-term care facilities. In this role, you will work at our corporate office in Crown Point, Indiana and provide documentation support to VGEMG healthcare professionals (Nurse Practitioners, Psychologists, LCSWs, and Physicians).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary process of providing clinical documentation support and technical assistance to the VGEMG professional medical and other staff.
- Obtain data and documents then create individualized Cognitive Care Plans or Psychiatric Treatment Plans under the direction of VGEMG healthcare professionals (minimum of 20 plans per week after 90-day introductory period).
- Document medications in EMR.
- Provide Advance Care Planning support with documentation as directed by VGEMG healthcare professionals.
- Maintenance of clinical documenation support for each patient encounter completed by VGEMG healthcare professionals.
Vanguard Offers You:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience;
- Excellent benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance;
- Monday-Friday position with no evenings, weekends, or on-call responsibilities;
- Paid time off for vacation and CME/CEU (full-time employees only);
- Company provided medical malpractice insurance and State licensing upkeep costs;
- Mileage reimbursed in accordance with federal and state regulations at the then-current state or federal allowable IRS rate
- Referral bonus progam for referrals to our open clinical positions.
- Indiana Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or immediately license eligible.
- Associates Degree (A.S.) from an accredited university.
- Long term care experience (preferred.)
- Able to background testing: including criminal, motor vehicle record review, and drug screening.
- Able to pass credentialing process: including obtaining Medical Malpractice coverage, enrollment in private insurance, Medicare/Medicaid, CMS, and all other Federal/State programs.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care accordig to individual needs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of clinical risk.
- Demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous atention to detail.
- Posess excellent verbal and wirten communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals.
- Achieve and maintain proficiency in Vanguard’s EMR and other required technical capabilities.
- Maintain valid driver's license. May occasionally travel to local and regional buildings upon request.
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.