About the Position
As a Client Care Coordinator (CCC) with Vanguard Eldercare, you wil lhave the opportunity to work alongside our Regional Directors to grow, manage, and maintain our current client base. The CCC serves as a point of contact between facilities/personnel in the field and the corporate operational management team to expand our services to new clients.
Travel will be required (up to 80%) and compensated as your opportunity is to serve our client facilities in the northwest Indiana counties of Lake, Porter, Newton, Jasper, Starke, and Pulaski as well as the southwest Michigan counties of Berrien, Cass, VanBuren, Kalamazoo, and St. Joseph.
Us: a medical specialty group that provides bedside neuropsychiatric and neurobehavioral care to cognitively impaired elderly and adults in nursing homes. We are experts in reducing the suffering of those who struggle with Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and the many other types of cognitive impairments that this population struggles with.
You: experienced and comfortable working in nursing homes with social services, nursing, and administrative staff. Passionate and willing to promote our clinical services and help to grow our caseload of patients. Work alongside a Regional Director and serve as the main point of contact between the facilities we serve and our corporate management team. Travel to contracted long-term care facilities in northwest Indiana and southwest Michiganand consult with social services and other staff, performing audits, nurturing client relationships, and growing referrals.
- Manage the implementation of Vanguard Services with Nursing Facility sites.
- Manage issues, concerns, and questions outpatient facilities have, regarding Vanguard Services.
- Assist Clinical Service Directors (NP/BH) with outpatient documentation and in-house audits.
- Assist Regional Directors with marketing presentations as needed.
- Assist Vanguard Operations department as needed.
- Set up in-service programs for Nursing Facility Clients and develop other facility-appropriate content, as needed.
- Work with Regional Directors and Database Administrators to draft monthly schedules and collect operational data.
- Serve as one of the Central Office Nursing Facility points of contact. Transfer messages, reports, etc. from facilities to clinicians and vice-versa, as the need arises.
- Work with database administrator to regularly monitor new patient referrals and facility patient caseloads. Work independently and with Regional Directors to make schedule changes to accommodate significant referral increases/decreases to optimize both outpatient services and clinician productivity.
- Work with outpatient managers, operations officers, and corporate recruiter to suggest recruitment needs vis-à-vis facility redistribution.
- Responsible for updating database administrator and appropriate personnel with nursing home contact information and other operational data, as needed.
- PRN visits to client sites:
- Check-in with facility personnel,
- Take inventory of any facility contact updates,
- Perform soft survey of customer satisfaction,
- Provide education regarding the referral process, if necessary
- Track and trend client issues to determine common issues that require process improvement
- Work with Regional Managers, Clinical Managers, & Operations Managers to come up with client service improvement strategies; lead with implementation of improvement strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science/Social Work preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in social services/medical records in a long term care environment
- Be able to work independently & be extremely detailed oriented.
- Be organized, resourceful, and flexible with work priorities and a strong work ethic.
- Must be available for remote work (from home) some nights & weekends; home internet a must.
- Must have excellent proficiency in customer service
- Must be a dynamic individual: Have excellent communication skills (written & verbal), with matching level of time management skills and exceptional multi-tasking ability.
- Have a strong understanding of MS Office Suite, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must be comfortable and effectively able to communicate with doctors, nurse practitioners, psychologists and clients.
- Enjoy working in an environment where deadlines are important, and work diligently to meet them.
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.