The Accounting Assistant at Vanguard Eldercare (VGE) plays a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department.
Payroll and Accounts Payable will be the primary responsibilities of this role, and the successful candidate will have the experience or transferable skills to quickly assume the duties assigned in these two areas. An excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills, the Accounting Assistant will assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer with data entry, processing and recording transactions, updating the general ledger, assisting with audits, budgets and reporting.
- Provide payroll, accounts payable, and administrative accounting support to the Finance/Accounting department.
- Assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation, including payroll, expense reports, etc.
- Control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Update payroll records and maintain payroll operations. Resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Serve as primary contact for payroll and accounts payable inquiries.
- Prepare payroll and accounts payable reports.
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Accounting (required). 5 years of experience (preferred).
- General knowledge of GAAP based accrual accounting.
- Understanding of payroll and accounts payable process. Experience with payroll and accounting software.
- Experience with MS Excel. Ability to create and use macros is highly sought after.
- Trustworthy, efficient, organized.
Due to the sensitive nature of the financial information handled by the Accounting Assistant, a rigorous pre-employment background check and investigative consumer report are required to meet our heightened hiring criteria. All Vanguard employees are subject to pre-employment drug screens.
Vanguard Eldercare Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.