Master Scheduler / Planner
- Posted: over a month ago
The Master Scheduler/Planner is responsible for working directly with customers to maintain forecasts, customer production schedules and customer orders.
Vanguard EMS, Inc. is in the service business. Even with Vanguard’s state of the art technology, vast manufacturing capability, and leading-edge information tools, we wake up every day thinking about how best to serve our customers, suppliers, and the communities in which we live.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with customer to receive and understand forecasts.
- Input forecast to computer system and analyze the impact of changes.
- Prepare input for Sales Forecasting and Production Planning processes.
- Establish master production schedule. Maintain planning data including lot sizes, lead times, and capacity plans.
- Coordinate with Customer Product Specialist for quotes, ECO's and NPI.
- Communicate with customer to manage sales order changes.
- Provide priorities and resolve issues for stockroom, production, and shipping to meet customer requirements.
- Input, allocate, and release manufacturing orders.
- Analyze potential shortages to manufacturing orders and work with program team, purchasing, and production to determine action plan.
- Conduct weekly scheduling meeting with production and provide feedback to customer. Monitor daily commitments for completion.
- Perform analysis of potential excess and obsolete inventory and material availability.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to develop and communicate plans and schedules.
- Ability to make conclusions and judgements about feasibility and impact of plans and requests.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well under deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage and analyze numerical data.
- Excellent oral communication skills to present plans, analysis, and conclusions.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of numeric and verbal data.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a wide range of functional areas including production, purchasing, customer service, and material handling.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Experience Master Scheduling for an electronics company
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems, both at tactical and strategic levels
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data using Excel and other software tools
- High proficiency of MS Office products – Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- APICS certification
- 2 or 4 year Business degree
- Contract manufacturing experience
MANUFACTURING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This Job Posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify and assign other duties as necessary
Employees enjoy a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K (with employer match)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
Vanguard EMS, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Vanguard EMS, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?