- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Assistant Controller
Location: Fairfield, NJ (On-site)
Reports to: Controller
Vanguard Dealer Services and Its group of companies believes in the power of strong alliances. We partner with dealerships to improve people, process, and performance. With over 20 years of experience, Vanguard is very familiar with the daily challenges of a dealership in today's rapidly changing and growing marketplace. Using integrity as our cornerstone, we only offer products and services that provide maximum profitability for our customers. Spectrum and its group of companies is committed to helping our clients create a menu of products and services that serves their needs, resulting in unwavering support and maximum impact.
Principal Purpose of the Position:
Vanguard Dealer Services is seeking an Operational Controller to join its Agency Business unit as an Assistant Controller in its Corporate Headquarters in Fairfield, NJ.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closing Month end for multiple entities
- Review inventory booking and balances at month end for accuracy
- Compare results vs prior periods and budget and explain variances and ensure accuracy
- Review various balance sheet accounts
- Manage third party commissions computations and payments
- Work with the agency principal or entity president to review results making sure the financials are understood and represent the business activities
- Manage AP team for day-to-day tasks including vendor payments
- Coordinate integration to finance processes for new acquisitions
- Communicate financial results to executive management and key financial stakeholders
- Identify and implement process enhancements to the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and analytics processes
- Lead various initiatives to drive Spectrum controllership process improvements and transformation
- Fully paid medical benefits
- Fully paid dental and vision benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, personal, Birthday off!!
- Daily snacks in office!!
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience with proven track record
- CPA a plus
- M&A integration and consolidation experience
- Advances Microsoft Excel skills
- Exposure in various accounting ERP system
- Excellent analytical ability
- Maintains a professional appearance and atmosphere in the office
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal staff and external customers
- Experience in managing a team in an agile, fast moving environment
Job Type: Full-time exempt
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spectrum we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Spectrum Automotive Holdings Corp.:
Spectrum affirms that inequality is detrimental to our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. Spectrum is committed to equal opportunity regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of disability. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company's achievement as well. We support an inclusive workplace where employees excel based on personal merit, qualifications, ability, and job performance.
Job Type: Full-time exempt
Vanguard Dealer Services
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Assistant Controller Operations jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.