Elementary Special Education Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Elementary Special Education Teacher
**NEW: 4-Day Work Week (Tuesdays-Fridays)**
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher with a positive attitude who is energetic about the subjects they teach, while sharing the passion for learning themselves. Take a look at our job description, and if it fits with your educational philosophy, we want to hear from you!
Special Education Expectations:
- implement special education as outlined in student IEPs
- develop and write IEPs for students on caseloads
- organize and conduct IEP meetings for students on caseload
- evaluate students for special education according to IDEA and CDE guidelines
- complete indicator 13 (Secondary Transition IEPs)
- complete paperwork in a timely manner
- convey knowledge to young people
- meet each child’s academic needs
- engage all students in the discussion
- develop appropriate lesson plans based on the curriculum
- complete relevant paperwork, including documenting student’s progress and creating reports, in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- assess and track individual student progress
- collaborate with other teachers, staff, specialists, and parents
Adherence to the Mission and Philosophy
- understand and adhere to the mission and philosophy of the school
- understand the principles of classical education
- apply the principles of the trivium
- develop the intellect of each student to the utmost of their ability
- develop the personal character of every student
- demonstrate interest and concern for students at school sponsored events
Knowledge of Academic Discipline(s):
- exhibit a breadth of understanding across the curriculum
- learn, adapt, and teach the chosen curriculum
- assist in aligning the curricula with Colorado Content Standards when practicable
- promotion of high academic standards
- attend all relevant trainings on curricula, programs, school policy and other professional development opportunities
Maintenance of Classroom Decorum:
- support positive student behavior using PBiS and HAWK expectations
- enforce the dress code
- instruct students daily in character development and ensure that they are modeled
- tolerate no cruelty among students
- be sensitive to problems as they are developing and intervene immediately
- maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment
Maintenance of Good Parental Relations:
- communicate regularly with parents on student achievement and concerns via telephone, email, and interpersonal communication
- conduct student conferences at assigned times
- respond timely to parental concerns
- meet with parents and staff to discuss the educational plan for each student
Job or Environmental Conditions:
- Classroom and playground
- Must be able to push, pull, lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods
- Must be able to speak to a child at his or her eye level, which may include squatting or sitting on the ground
- Occasional handling of field trip, classroom, book, or fundraising money
- Daily decisions regarding curriculum implementation
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality regarding all students.
- Bachelors degree
- Colorado 5-21 Special Education Teacher License
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative and teamwork
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
- Ability to use technology seamlessly.
- Ability to work effectively under stressful working conditions
- Charter school awareness or experience
- A strong liberal-arts education
- Experience with the Core Knowledge Sequence and/or Classical Education
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Participation in PERA
- Paid time off
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
- Voluntary short term disability insurance
- Optional 401(k)
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer.
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities
Vanguard Classical School does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, or any other grounds prohibited by law. Vanguard Classical School serves students with disabilities and English Learners and provides services to students as required by state and federal law.
Vanguard Classical School
Get fresh Elementary Special Education Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.