- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Investment Strategist is responsible for the ongoing success and continued evolution of Vanguard Charitable’s Investment Offer. This includes collaborating closely with the CFO and strategic product development groups to create a vision and drive the ongoing evolution of Vanguard Charitable’s Investment Offer. This newly created position will partner closely with donors and donor-facing functions across Vanguard Charitable to ensure philanthropic assets are invested in a manner that appropriately maximizes the grant making potential of the organization. Additionally, the Investment Strategist is expected to meet with donors both to review existing investment options and to inform potential changes to the Investment Offer. The Investment Strategist will also oversee the compilation of investment reporting, both for clients and for Vanguard Charitable’s Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Investment Offer and Resources
- Performs ongoing monitoring and due diligence of Vanguard Charitable’s current lineup of 20 investment strategies with approximately $16 billion of invested assets. The lineup includes both multi-asset and individual building block strategies, inclusive of both index and active implementation, as well as allocations to alternative asset classes.
- Researches client and prospect needs and provides internal partners with investment product proposals, including updates to VC’s investment offering and/or tools to assist donors with reviewing and selecting investments.
- Develops supporting documentation used to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Maintains relationship with external investment managers to understand changes to products or within the industry that may impact or influence our Product Development with investments.
- Ensures that product proposals are in line with VC business principles and illustrates how the recommended changes will help VC achieve our strategic goals. This includes proposing and monitoring success metrics for Product changes.
- Collaborates directly with donors and with internal partners to respond to investment-related questions or requests from clients and prospects.
- Continuously engages directly with donors to provide investment expertise, including representing Vanguard Charitable at client meetings.
- Collaborates with Marketing on external positioning of VC’s Investment Offer and internal talking points/resources.
- Works with technology teams to identify relevant requirements associated with technology changes.
- Identifies, raises, and tracks risks associated with VC’s Investment reporting and Offer. Proposes solutions to mitigate risks.
Support Internal Investment Acumen and Training
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of capital markets, asset management, and the Financial Services industry, as well as a deep awareness of competitors and the performance of Vanguard and non-Vanguard funds. Contributes subject matter expertise to Vanguard Charitable’s external publications.
- Supports the training and development of staff to improve their investment acumen.
- Support compliance with VC’s Investment Policy Statement by preparing necessary Investment Committee reports, including appropriate benchmarking analysis.
- Maintains and produces quarterly client summaries, dashboards, and other reports. Ensures reporting accuracy by researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Serves as a department expert on and vendor relationship manager for data systems and analytical tools.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required to attend client meetings.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- MBA or CFA, or progress towards either is preferred.
- Series 7 license preferred but not required.
- Five to eight years of experience in project/product management or other relevant experience.
- Three to five years of experience working with investments and/or the capital markets, with an understanding of portfolio construction and investor behavior.
- Understands current Agile principles, methods, procedures, practices, tools and techniques and stays abreast of best practices and emerging trends.
- Proven ability for effective communication with a variety of levels of knowledge, skills and responsibilities with the ability to influence outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with donors, stakeholders, Board of Trustees, and internally on complex investment activities concisely.
- Able to cultivate strong working relationships with internal colleagues, clients, and external vendors.
- Able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated personal and professional integrity.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable, articulate, organized, assertive, and decisive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office).
- Willingness to travel as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Vanguard Charitable is not offering employment-based sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Vanguard Charitable End
BusinessView all jobs at Vanguard Charitable End