We are looking for a Field Marketing Manager in Northern California to execute and support field marketing operations for our recreational cannabis company. This position will be based near San Francisco and report to Head of Experiential Design.
- Lead, plan and execute all customer experiences, in dispensaries, at home parties, at yoga studios, at comedy clubs, etc.
- Build a field marketing team to complement the sales team in target markets. Manage and hire part time staff as well as temporary employees for events and promotions.
- Lead and motivate the field marketing team instilling in them our sense of purpose and mission.
- Build and manage field marketing plan maintaining monthly and annual budgets
- Develop partnerships with target audience venues from yoga studios to comedy clubs.
- Create experiences, atmospheres and pop events that connect with our consumers and build our brands
- Conduct regional market test to determine the right field marketing mix before expanding statewide
- Track, report and refine the effectiveness of field marketing
- Coordinate with our PR and advertising partners
- Plan, staff and execute trade events, customer experiences, in field advertising and pop up events.
- Your team will work with sales and marketing for our brand, and coordinate with the sales team to make sure all communications, trade, messaging, and merchandising is consistent
- Work with storytellers in marketing to build a strong social media presence for our brands. Create memorable, engaging, participatory customer experiences.
- Travel throughout the state will be necessary to manage field staff and events
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing
- 5 – 6 years of experience in field marketing background with experience building and leading a field marketing team in consumer package goods
- Strong organizational skills; ability to educate, motivate and lead a team of brand ambassadors that will connect with consumers • Ability to build and manage a field marketing budget. This includes determining if expenditures will translate into measurable benefits. Then examining defined metrics to assess each programs success.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, get things done environment without lots of systems support
- Resourceful, organized with good planning capabilities. Flexible enough to adjust when something doesn't go as plan and still deliver a successful event.
- Strong people skills including motivating others to make things happen
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across functions to achieve buy-in and gain support for field marketing efforts
- Field marketer who can think creatively, but more importantly can take ideas and turn them into action. It's all about action and deliverables. Strong follow through and execution capabilities.
- Solid experience in Project Management providing deliverables and timelines