Vanderweil Boston, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
Vanderweil Engineers specializes in MEP/FP and technology services engineering and construction / commissioning support for buildings, sustainable design, central heating and chiller plants, power generation, and transmission and distribution projects. Founded in 1950, Vanderweil is consistently ranked among the top U.S. engineering firms. With offices throughout the United States, Vanderweil is a company that values its clients, its employees and the environment. We are currently hiring for a Mechanical Engineer to work with our Power Group in our LA office.
- Mechanical engineer for power generation, central utility, and thermal distribution projects
- Assure designs are complete, accurate and in accordance with good engineering practice
- Analyze mechanical systems (overall heat and mass balance, steam, water and airflow systems).
- Execute calculations, equipment selection, piping and ductwork design for construction documents
- Write reports and equipment and material specifications
- Attend field visits, meet with clients and vendors as necessary
- Support the Lead Mechanical on large projects and serve as Lead Mechanical on smaller projects
- Supervise designers and other team members
- Act as project engineer working closely with other disciplines civil, structural, electrical etc.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor or Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering Required
- Professional commitment to sustainability is preferred
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience
- Proficient in computer use and software including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, Power Point, Project and Access. Capable in AutoCAD or Revit a preferred.
- Engineering analysis including system hydraulics, HVAC system air pressure drop, pipe stress, energy efficiency measures, system heat and mass balance, overall system annual performa, simply payback and return on investment analysis.
- Strong communication skills required
- PE license preferred or actively pursuing license having passed the FE exam
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and an opportunity for growth. We believe in the quality of life and work life synergy for our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
To hear more about working at Vanderweil, but not ready to apply? Connect with us for information.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Vanderweil