Our company is currently seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our team-- an honest, helpful, reliable, friendly and detail oriented person, who wants a rewarding job in the manufacturing industry with a well-run company! You will be responsible for preparing and examining financial records for our company. We invite you to visit our website www.vanderveerplastics.com to learn more about our company.
About the job:
This job is a critical part of the administration of our company, paying our valued suppliers for materials, tools, supplies and services, invoicing and collecting payment from our customers, processing payroll and assisting with other human resource functions, as well as assisting with general ledger and banking functions. Accuracy, efficiency, trust, reliability and propriety are the most important aspects of this job, along with working well with other staff, managers, employees, customers, vendors, authorities, auditors and Board members.
- Obtain, enter and maintain customer credit information in system.
- Match vendor invoices, packing slips with purchase orders and process payments to vendors.
- Contact vendors/customers and process debit and credit memos for returned materials and parts.
- Invoice customers for products shipped.
- Receive and processes customer payments through to the bank.
- Maintain bank accounts, petty cash and cash journal, transferring funds when necessary.
- Create and maintain employee files, enter and maintain necessary data in payroll system.
- Collect, verify & correct employee time records, process payroll through payroll system.
- Input journal entries, and perform other accounting duties as assigned by manager.
- Perform data entry and administrative duties.
- Accounting/Business degree or equivalent experience in bookkeeping, accounting or related field.
- Able to do accurate computer data input into manufacturing, payroll and banking software.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be proficient with computer business software and Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Must have good people skills and be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Written and verbal English proficiency.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and file documents in four-drawer filing cabinets.