Research Assistant II ( Developmental Medicine ) 1913014
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
JOB SUMMARY :
Under general supervision, this full-time position will work directly with young children with autism as part of a small team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing Applied Behavior Analysis intervention as part of a multi-site randomized control study funded by the Department of Defense.
This position is for a registered behavior technician (RBT) or a person eligible to become an RBT. RBTs will provide 1:1 intensive Applied Behavior Analysis services under the close supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs).
To become an RBT, applicants must pass a comprehensive multi-state background check, participate in 40 hours of didactic training (provided), and pass both a field and praxis exam.
This is a unique opportunity to participate in an important research project studying effective interventions for young children with autism. RBTs will receive intensive and ongoing training and supervision to allow for the highest quality of service delivery.
Therapy is provided at the Vanderbilt clinic as well as family homes in the Clarksville area. Candidates must have reliable transportation. Mileage is reimbursed.
Work professionally and respectfully with families and other team members
The candidate will also spend regular dedicated time participating in the execution of research protocol including administration of study surveys, questionnaires or other items and answering questions from participants/interested patients related to the study. Responsibilities also include regularly assisting in the performance of literature reviews relevant to study topics. Motivated candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to presentations and publications related to the research. This candidate will also have the opportunity for clinical exposure in the oncology setting, and therefore interest or experience in these areas will be considered
Successful candidates will demonstrate a clear ability to learn intervention techniques
a. Respond to feedback regarding performance
b. Assists in preparation and distribution of study-related documents
c. Possesses a basic awareness of the Federal regulations and guidelines governing the protection of human subjects
2. Gather, organize and analyze data from multiple reference sources
a. Write and upload treatment notes after every session summarizing the data from each session
3. Communicate effectively in all interactions with families and coworkers
4. Manage time efficiently to meet all project task deadlines
a. Participate in weekly team meetings to contribute to treatment decisions for research participants
b. Complete research related paperwork tied to treatment implementation
c. Enter treatment related data into database as directed by research team
5. Actively participate in professional development
a. Demonstrates initiative for continuous learning, both self-directed and as evidenced by attendance at professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 2 years experience
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: \#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Organization: Developmental Medicine 104570
Title: Research Analyst II
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
Requisition ID: 1913014
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.