Administrative Assistant I - Owen Graduate School of Management (Job Number: 1901250)
Administration Coordinator is part of the Finance and Administration team
within the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University. This
position serves as first
face of Finance & Administration atOwen Graduate School of Management , greets students, faculty and staff
coming to the department for assistance, and triages questions
directly to the Chief Business Officer, the Administration Coordinator will oversee
the student employment and purchasing and reimbursement processes.
The Owen Graduate School of Management
(OGSM) is a professional school at Vanderbilt University, located in Nashville,
Tennessee. Our size and focus allows us
to interact with students, faculty, alumni and recruiters as individuals so
that we can better understand and help each achieve their goals. This is how we
build our culture - one that is collaborative. We are intensely and proudly
competitive with the best. But we also shape leaders who understand that
collaboration is essential in today's connected economy. We develop
businesspeople who can lead and manage change, drawing not only on what they
learn here about business but also what they learn about themselves. The
Finance & Administration office is dedicated to supporting our faculty,
staff and students with their financial, human resource and administrative activities,
including purchasing and payments, contracting, billing and collections,
employment and payroll actions, and various administrative needs of the school.
Key Functions andExpected Performance
- Oversee theinitial student employment onboarding process by collecting all required pre-employmentdocumentation according to the VU and OGSM policies to ensure students arehired for all assignments.
- Act as liaisonbetween line managers (faculty and staff) and HCM Specialists to coordinate paperworkprocessing, hiring in the system and/or navigate any payroll issues.
- Manage thestudent employment email box and triage messages to appropriate parties toensure student and faculty needs are met in a timely manner.
- Serve as aresource to all student employees in regards to any work, assignment or Oraclerelated questions.
- Manageconfidential student employee personnel files, both active and inactive, toensure proper data and system access.
- Assist HRManager/HCM Specialist with student employees' timesheet process by answeringquestions and sending reminders to students and faculty.
- Steward for Student Check outCard- assisting with payments for allstudent club events
- Manage the check out and return ofcredit card for all student club event
- Serve as resource for students oncreating and submitting expense reports for out of pocket expenses includingtravel and program charges, as well as working with the Student Program Officeon case competitions paperwork.
- Exercise familiarity with all Owen andVanderbilt University policies to ensure best practices are followed withproper receipt collection and expense report processing.
- Serve as Guest Travel Coordinator andassist in arranging domestic and international travel for visitors including assemblingand submitting passport and visa applications for international travel and familiaritywith Concur (travel).
- Process travel expenses, in a timelyand accurate manner, to ensure prompt reimbursement according to institutionalpolicy.
- Serve as Oracle Procurement Requestorsand prepare payment request and procurement orders for Owen departments andstudent organizations; familiarity with COA and POET structure.
- Assist in cross training and back-up supportto other faculty support staff.
- Maintain Owen Faculty and Staff phone list bymaking updates and corrections when necessary and posting to Owen Central intimely manner to promote communication.
- Gather copier readings once a month for allrequired machines
- Manage supplies andamenities in Owen Finance and Administration suite.
- Utilize the Oracle Cloud System -includingexpense and travel reporting, chart of accounts, as well as otherUniversity systems.
- Help faculty with duties as needed to assistwith teaching and research including but not limited to copying small and largeprint jobs, making seating charts for faculty classes, and returning papers tostudents.
- Assist Financial Unit Managers by making bankdeliveries as well as HR/Baker Building deliveries when needed.
This position does not have supervisory
responsibility; this position reports administratively and functionally to the
Chief Business Officer.
Bachelor's and 2 years of experience
or the equivalent is preferred.
Experience and Skills
Ideal candidate will have experience in a
higher education setting; strong written and verbal communication skills;
attention to detail.
About Vanderbilt University
Vanderbilt University, located in
Nashville, Tennessee, is a top-15 private research university offering a full
range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. Vanderbilt is
situated on a 330-acre campus near the thriving city center, serving more than
12,000 students and employing almost 7,000 faculty
and staff. The university's students, staff, and faculty frequently cite
Nashville and the surrounding area as one of the many perks of being a part of
the Vanderbilt community. Vanderbilt
University is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge
expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity is
sought and celebrated. Vanderbilt was recently named as one
of "America's Best Large Employers" and the top employer in Tennessee and the
Nashville metropolitan area in 2019 (Forbes).
About Vanderbilt Benefits
University offers a competitive, flexible benefits package including health,
dental, vision, life, accidental death & dismemberment, disability
insurance, paid time off, and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match.
Vanderbilt offers tuition assistance to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity andInclusion
University is committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive
academic community of faculty, staff, and
students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our campus
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization: 20100 - Owen: Business Affairs
Job: Administrative / Office Support Supervisors, Leads, and Staff
Vanderbilt University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action