Provides administrative support of an area's
activities with occasional guidance. Responds to customer needs by consulting
with others as appropriate or by following established guidelines. Organizes
flow of daily operations to ensures service priorities are met.
- Performs a variety ofadministrative support which may include scheduling, booking travel,expense processing and purchasing.
- Compiles, coordinate and assistin the collection, processing and submission of data.
- Prepares reports and otherdocumentation as requested by area.
- Creates and maintains accuratedocuments and records.
- The responsibilities listed area general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
At the Vanderbilt Eye Institute, we strive to
make life better for adults and children with eye conditions including
glaucoma, vision loss and diseases of the retina. We treat patients from across
Tennessee and the Southeast. Our doctors, researchers and support staff use the
latest technologies and methods, and we conduct vital vision research that
translates to better treatments.
The Vanderbilt Eye
Institute is a leader in quality eye care. We offer the latest
technologies and methods while conducting innovative research to improve
patients' lives and prevent vision loss.
Click here to learn more
about the Vanderbilt Eye Institute at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/eyeinstitute/
We work hard eachday because your eyes are important to us.
The Vanderbilt Eye
Institute attracts some of the most talented doctors and researchers in the
country. Our subspecialty ophthalmologists have completed a minimum of one year
of fellowship training after residency and are board eligible or board
certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Institute's award-winning research staff collaborates with our doctors as well
as other Vanderbilt departments to pursue discoveries that enhance the vision
of patients everywhere.
here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they
make each and every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,
discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who
come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance
health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and
formal job description follows:
CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (NOVICE): Clerical/Administration is a skill
which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out
by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among
the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document
Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee
Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing,
Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and
Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects,
Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
CALENDAR MAINTENANCE (NOVICE): The ability to prioritize and maintain a
calendar or calendars of scheduled meetings or events. Able to accurately
change or update a calendar with no scheduling conflicts.
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT (NOVICE) - The use of a computer system and software
to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper
based information captured through the use of a document scanner.
DATA VERIFICATION (NOVICE): The ability to verify data in an accurate
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): Ability to monitor costs,
expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses
in relation to budgeted amounts.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that aretypically routine that may impact team's performance with occasionalguidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes somediscretion and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards,established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry levelco-workers.
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves ownskills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks tounderstand colleagues priorities, working styles and developsrelationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares informationwith others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time tounderstand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellentservice.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues,solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in atimely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefullyto understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality beforedelivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness tolearn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displayswillingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements:Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reportsunsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility forcompleting assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches toprovide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displaysunderstanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate informationand good decision making to consistently achieve results on time andwithout error.
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideasor initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offeringsuggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly;understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensureproper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an openmind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own areaof work.
we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research,
we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: \#1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee andmetropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children'sHospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in thenation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitalsand health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "1