Vanderbilt Health Clinic at Walgreens
Vanderbilt Health Clinic at Walgreens, a relationship between Vanderbilt Integrated Partners and Walgreens, provides high quality, efficient, compassionate care at 14 area locations in the metro area. The clinic’s scope of practice includes patients aged 2 years or older with common retail clinic conditions, carefully selected patient follow-ups from the emergency department and hospital and some chronic disease management. The goal of the clinics is not just to provide excellent care but also to be engaged in the surrounding communities by promoting wellness and healthy living.
Your primary role as an Advanced Practice Clinician is to provide excellent patient care to the clinic’s scope of practice listed above. You will practice independently, while being supported by the medical management team. If you choose, the majority of your work will be at one location to facilitate community engagement. You will also be partnered with a medical assistant so you can focus on patient care.
Key Functions and Expectations
Assessment of Health Status
- Performs and documents in the medical record a complete history and physical examination for patients visiting the clinic.
- Orders and collects data using appropriate assessment techniques, relevant supporting diagnostic information and diagnostic procedures where indicated.
- Collaborates with health care team in making diagnoses of acute and complex chronic conditions.
- Manages diagnostic tests through ordering, interpretation, performance, and supervision.
- Formulates differential diagnoses by priority.
- Diagnoses complications and orders appropriate interventions.
Formulates Plan of Care
- Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis, and formulates and documents a plan of care to address complex acute and chronic health care needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines or protocols in an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across the continuum.
Implements and modifies plan of care
- Prescribes diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions both pharmacologic, non-pharmacologic, and surgical, needed to achieve expected outcomes.
- Manages further diagnostic tests through ordering, interpretation, performance, and supervision.
Communication and Collaboration
Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary health care team, including outpatient primary care physicians.
- Documents/dictates key components of patient's visit.
- Documentation is timely and captures medical decision making.
- Professional Practice
- Demonstrates Professional Practice behaviors including: preceptor/mentoring, education and instruction of students, nursing staff, nurses, graduate and novice nurse practitioners,
- Seeks opportunities for active engagement in protocol development and quality assurance.
- Actively participates in educational opportunities.
- Maintains CEUs, and membership in a professional organization.
Education: Family Nurse Practitioner Advanced Degree or Physician Assistant’s Degree
Experience: 12 months experience in an acute care setting
Licensure: Appropriate state licensure, DEA eligible
Vanderbilt Integrated Partners is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.