Are you excited about managing a software product that serves a market you can feel great about?
Vanco is a U.S. market leader with over 40,000 clients in K-12 education, faith-based and non-profit markets. They trust us to provide best-in-class payment and administrative solutions. We have been growing at 30% and are looking a Product Manager who gets excited about connecting community organizations with unique SaaS solutions.
As a Product team, we bring curiosity and agility to our process of meeting the needs of our clients. Our leaders are passionate about delivering unparalleled products and services through a company culture that treats clients, partners and each other with the highest level of integrity and respect. As a company, we have a large client base in the US, but are still small enough that client feedback is quick and each individual can make a big difference.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and passionate individual to join us as a member of the Product Team. This role will manage the product strategy and agile development lifecycle for applications serving our K-12 customers. You will shepherd ideas from concept to reality, working with UX designers, developers, sales, marketing, and our product support team to create compelling software solutions to our market’s most urgent and pervasive problems.
In this role, you’ll need strong business acumen and organization skills, deep curiosity about client behavior, great communication skills and a proven ability to understand and apply technological concepts to real world problems. We need a leader who can successfully navigate relationships with individuals in different positions, different backgrounds and of different skill levels.
*This position can be either Contract or Permanent*
What you’ll be doing:
As Senior Product Manager, you will
- Be ultimately responsible for the success of the product(s) you manage, including leading the cross-functional teams comprised of marketing, sales, client service, development and other teams that contribute to your products’ success.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that our messaging is on point by providing insightful information about each of our user and buyer personas. Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Collaboate with Sales to ensure they have the proper training on our product and use win/loss analysis and customer sentiment to continue iterative product improvements. Train Sales team at quarterly sales meetings.
- Lead the software development teams in a Product Owner capacity for one or more scrum teams based in Bloomington, Minn. and Cancun, Mexico.
- Work with Client Service and directly with clients to provide demos, have roadmap discussions, understand their current painpoints, and measure their satisfaction using both quantitative means such as NPS and qualitative means.
- Create and execute a product vision and strategy, 18-24 month product roadmap, and quarterly planning. Be an expert on our competition. Own and curate the backlog of product enhancement ideas.
- Manage proactive communications with relevant stakeholders from strategy through execution.
Who you are:
- You are intelligent and analytical
- You have 5-20+ years of experience in agile product management or similar role (as a fast-growing company, we can find the right set of responsibilities for your level of experience)
- You have experience with SaaS-based products
- You have experience being accountable for project budgets and timelines
- You have experience and training with Product Management methodologies such as Pragmatic Marketing
- You’ve proven your ability to think strategically, innovate, and develop tactical execution plans to drive success
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- You have a high ability to navigate and collaborate with co-workers at all levels of the company
- You have solid organization skills and flexibility to handle a variety of time-sensitive tasks and projects
- You are comfortable using product development supporting technologies, such as Jira
- You perform effectively as a team member, collaborate with different cross-functional teams and are able to work independently in the pursuit of company objectives
- You are able to travel on occasion to meet with customers in person at business activities and industry events
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan; employee only (family options also available)
- Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop processes and structure
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
- Flexible work arrangements as we navigate through the Covid-19 pandemic
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.