- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Diesel Truck Mechanic
Electrical construction company seeks highly capable mechanic to be groomed to quickly take over role of chief mechanic.
The company offers a very competitive salary, plus tool allowance.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance, and a 401(k) program with company match.
The prospective candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least five years’ experience as a truck mechanic
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Have own tools
- Have a CDL and clean driving record
- Intelligent, with good diagnostic skills, and ability to learn quickly
- Variety of skills including minor welding, bodywork, etc.
- Excellent work habits: Reliability, Timeliness, Good Organizational Skills, Attention to Details, Neatness, and Safety Awareness
- Ability to handle the physically demanding aspects of working on large vehicles including the lifting of heavy objects and handling of mounted tires that weigh well over 100 pounds.
- Have effective communication skills (Due to the need to work directly with numerous employees, vendors, plus outside shops for work not performed in-house.)
Work will include:
- Maintenance and repair of the company’s diverse fleet of vehicles, plus a wide variety of equipment such as man lifts, forklifts, compressors, generators, etc. (Most vehicles are diesels, and many have extensive hydraulic systems to power booms and other truck mounted equipment.)
- Diagnosis of problems with engine, braking, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, and air systems.
- Maintenance of records of work performed and the need for future servicing.
- Maintenance of shop facilities and equipment for appearance and safety.
Most work will be performed in the company’s shop, but job-site repairs and maintenance will also be required.
The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Vanalt Electrical Construction, Inc.Why Work Here?
In 2019 the company was one of only two employers to receive the Pennsylvania Governor's Award for Safety Excellence.
425 Commerce DriveLansdowne, PA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Vanalt Electrical Construction, Inc.