To succeed as an Outside Sales Representative, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our clients with an excellent experience. You should be thorough in selling our products, meeting customer's needs, ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, committed to work safety, and passionate about satisfying clients.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Every employee will take a proactive approach to ensure the safety of themselves, their co-workers, the environment and the general public. All VanZandt safety policies will be followed and all safety meetings/training/policies are mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life, Disability, LTD & STD Insurance
- Retirement Benefits