Floating Maintenance Technician
At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success and culture, and are seeking a candidate who loves to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre has a Floating Maintenance Technician position available! As Floating Maintenance Technician, you will work at Broadlands Apartments in Ashburn and Tuscarora Creek Apartments in Leesburg. You will spend Monday-Wednesday at Broadlands Apartments and Thursday and Friday at Tuscarora Creek Apartments.
Under the direction of the Property Manager and Service Manager, the Floating Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance, repairs in apartments and buildings, maintaining curb appeal and quality of apartment homes, responding to resident service requests, and adhering to all safety policies.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Service Manager with directing and overseeing all aspects of maintenance of the community
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance, inspections and janitorial services
- Perform general repair of property grounds, apartments, and building exteriors
- Assist with maintenance of storage areas and maintenance materials
- Perform turnover work as defined by Van Metre of vacant units
- Walk the property daily to uphold curb appeal and monitor safety issues
- Notify Service Manager and Property Manager of any safety or liability concerns as well as preventative maintenance needs
- Responsible for knowledge of property specific problems
- Maintain accurate records of all tasks completed
- Manage inventory and storage areas, purchasing adequate maintenance materials for service requests and apartment turns
- Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties
- Wear back support belt when lifting more than 25 lbs. or while performing repetitive bending and stooping functions during working hours; use safety equipment (goggles, masks, gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate
- Monitor and perform service requests from residents in a timely fashion
- Ensure excellent customer service
- Participate in after-hours emergency requests and ensure property staff coverage 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
The Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary skills to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- 1-2 years of maintenance experience or valid training
- Universal CFC Certification preferred
- Strong understanding of appliance, electrical and plumbing repair
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and electrical circuitry
- Current on OSHA, building and safety standards
- Provide own basic tools and be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of tools
- Valid drivers' license
Weekend work is required: You will be "on call" every two to three weeks at Broadlands Apartments. On call availability is 24 hours/day Friday-Friday.
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company's founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company's emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the "Van Metre" signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.
Van Metre CompaniesAshburn, VA
Get fresh Floating Maintenance Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.