Systems Engineer Level 1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who is VAF?
From our humble beginnings as a distributor for the Thomas Edison Company in 1914, Van Ausdall & Farrar has grown to become the State's largest full-service business technology provider for healthcare, insurance, engineering & construction, state & local government, manufacturing & logistics, and real estate companies in Indiana and throughout the Midwest.
What can VAF offer you?
Two options of health insurance - Dental insurance - Vision insurance - Life insurance - Short Term Disability insurance - Long Term Disability insurance - 401k plan with company match - 17 PTO days your first year - Physical, mental and financial health programs - Annual Employee Recognition programs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position:
- Quickly responds to support needs via ticketing system.
- Consistently monitors service ticket screens for determining support responses.
- Responds quickly to all alerts generated by our monitoring platforms.
- Interacts with customers to provide real time support.
- Accurately notates all details and interactions within tickets, by following established Managed Services protocols.
- Follows up as necessary on outstanding tickets.
- Ensures that all tickets maintain appropriate ownership.
- Follows all proper ticket escalation procedures to ensure timely ticket resolution.
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilizes available documentation, established guidelines, and troubleshooting skills to resolve all support needs.
- Remotely accesses systems to resolve support needs.
- Participates in a team-focused learning environment by creating knowledgebase content
- Partners with management to learn all existing VAF Managed Services platforms and systems.
- Assists other Managed Services team members with projects and support needs.
- Pursues continued education related to Managed Services.
- Self-educates on all available Managed Services tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill an Ability
- Able to communicate effectively verbally.
- Able to understand what is being communicated by customers and co-workers.
- Possesses excellent diagnostic skills.
- Independent problem-solver.
- Able to take advice and ask for help from other Managed Services team members.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year experience in an IT Support/Help Desk role.
- Net+ Certification
- A+ Certification
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience with Networking, Active Directory, Sophos, Microsoft Windows servers, Cisco, Fortinet, VMWare, HP, SAN, NAS, Virtualization, LAN, Servers
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires verbal and face-to-face contact with others on a daily basis.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- Some travel may be required.
Van Ausdall and Farrar
TechnologyView all jobs at Van Ausdall and Farrar