Responsibilities assigned to the Assistant Branch Managers include overall operational management of teller and account opening and maintenance functions of the Branch. Functional areas include branch operations, teller support, new accounts, and support of sales efforts instituted by Branch Manager. The ABM is responsible for implementing and adhering to policies and procedures for the branch.
Branch Management Functions
- Maintain a pleasant attitude towards customers; greet all customers with a smile and appropriate vocal greeting. Thank the customer when transaction is completed.
- Abide by and perform the 10 steps to good customer service.
- Report to the Branch Manager and schedule personnel to participate in the opening and closing of the branch following security procedures. Schedule branch employees to assure adequate staffing level in the branch at all times while maximizing efficiency.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee work schedule and time worked in the Time Force system and assure timely submission to Human Resources.
- Counsel Tellers (along with Branch Manager) when standards are not met and counseling is required
- Be able to perform all duties of Head Teller if needed to cover for absenteeism
- Responsible for having knowledge of bank services and training of employee’s on customer service standards, cross selling/referrals and bank procedures.
- Responsible for branch cash, including vault and teller cash. Monitor total cash to fall within guidelines set by Management. Must ensure dual control and monitor, evaluate and respond to any discrepancies according to outage policy. Conduct surprise counts and monitor bait money according to bank procedures.
- Work the teller line as a relief teller or if not needed for relief, at least 3 hours per week to maintain proficiency with the teller platform system and to identify any procedural changes that may be needed.
- Review and approve (with legible initials) all checks and deposits over $3,000.
- Assure that Reg CC holds, when called for, are placed accurately and the hold form is filled out accurately. Responsible for accuracy of CTR’s, monetary logs, suspicious activity and etc. Responsible for completing forms for customer’s Reg. E error resolution or Unauthorized ACH transactions.
- Approve wire transfers that exceed head teller limits, before transmission to the Wire Department.
- Submit cash order to Investments on a weekly basis. Obtain cash requirements from ABM I (Head Teller).
- Make sure all proof work is captured according to the capture schedule.
- Activate dormant account if needed for customer transaction. Change last contact date on located dormant account customers.
- Daily review of Large Balance Change and Kiting Report to spot needs to protect bank assets.
Deposit Account Functions
- Perform the daily review and decision making of NSF items under your initials. Charge off accounts under the direction of Branch Manager, following the bank’s procedures for charge-off.
- Opens New Accounts and cross sells bank products, achieving goals, based on fulfilling customer needs.
- Assist customers with proper forms used for direct deposit or recurring payments and other bank services.
- Assist customers with telephone inquiries pertaining to New Accounts, CDs, IRAs and other bank products.
- Assist customers in completing ATM card applications, wiring transfer funds, and reordering checks.
- Work with Branch Manager to set up business banking products for current and potential customers (i.e., Merchant Services, Merchant Capture, ACH Origination, Cash Management, etc.)
- Perform maintenance on system for requested or required changes. Run CIP Report and make corrections needed. Provide for Signature Guarantee when required. Perform Notary duties when required.
- Monitor and handle safe deposit box rentals, late payments, closed and abandoned boxes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred (relevant years of experience can be substituted at discretion of management
- Generally 1-2 years’ experience in banking, may be substituted at management’s discretion
- Demonstrates people leadership in a service driven sales culture
- Fosters an environment of coaching, accountability and rewards