Inventory Control Specialist
- Expired: May 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
For 25 years, Value Added Distributors and our family of companies has been a leading provider of hydraulic components in the industrial marketplace. Headquartered in Wisconsin, we take pride in our midwestern work ethic and our team of employees, providing outstanding products and unparalleled service to our valued customers. Operating in eight states with eighteen locations throughout the mid-western, southern, and eastern United States, we utilize state of the art equipment and employ the newest techniques allowing us to offer advancement opportunities in a continually growing OEM landscape.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Company Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with employer matching, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Funeral Leave Pay, Life Security, and more.
Value Added Distributors (VAD) is looking for a driven, hardworking, and enthusiastic full-time Inventory Control Specialist to join their team of experts at their De Pere, WI location. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for and assists with the day-to-day inventory activities that support the purchasing disciplines of the VAD family of companies. This is a new position within our company. The Inventory Control Specialist will be involved on the ground floor in helping the VAD companies re-define our inventory practices to allow the company to grow and support our customer’s needs. This will be a highly visible position within our organization with growth opportunities within the company.
VAD offers competitive pay, dental, health and vision insurance, paid vacation and holidays, plus a 401k plan with employer matching.
Position Duties/Essential Job Functions of the Inventory Control Specialist:
- Designing and implementing an inventory tracking system for optimized inventory control procedures.
- Examine the levels of raw materials and supplies to determine shortages.
- Create detailed reports for adjustments, inventory operations and stock levels.
- Assist with new customer demand inventory.
- Manage company inventory dollars and turns .
- Work with multiple facilities to help them keep the correct inventory on their shelves.
- Work to control deadstock inventory.
- Organize and coordinate Inventory best practices within company.
- Embrace continuous improvement.
- One to two years’ similar work experience in controlling inventory.
- Above average math skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer communication.
- Sense of urgency in fast-paced environment.
- Interacting with employees, suppliers, or customers to meet position and business requirements.
- A majority of the time is spent working in an office environment with occasional and limited coordination of activities in a production facility.
- Lifting and/or carrying objects of 20-50 pounds.
- Using a keyboard to enter, retrieve or transform words or data.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by the Company. All requirements are subject to modification at any time for any reason at the Company’s sole discretion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Value Added Distributors, LLC
AddressDe Pere, WI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Value Added Distributors, LLC