Provide leadership and direction for Manufacturing Engineering. The position will assign and supervise resources to support projects and programs, develop processes, tooling, manufacturing instructions, and equipment to support customer requirements and production schedules. Conduct economic analyses on new methods/equipment and recommend plans for facility layout as well as process flow improvements.
- Lead a staff of Manufacturing Engineers. Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Monitor productivity of direct reports and assure efficiency and consistency of work. Conduct performance and development discussions as needed.
- Responsible for the design, development, modification and implementation of equipment and processes to aid in the overall manufacturing process.
- Lead and facilitate problem solving and cross functional teams to resolve product/process issues for manufacturing processes and products.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and establishing and implementing manufacturing plans.
- Ensure proper use of all safety regulations and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Actively drive continuous process improvement activities including Lean, 5S, process/equipment innovation and other initiatives.
- Assist procurement in supplier selection and validation of supplier process capabilities and process controls.
- Develops and implements robust cost-effective manufacturing processes and improves product flow, assembly methods, and product quality and safety performance for both sustained and new products.
- Coordinates the design transfer of new products to production including establishing assembly time and yield targets, training needs and quality control.
- Provides support and supervision to direct reports for the timely completion of projects, improvement initiatives and key activities.
- Develops manufacturing process instructions.
- Develops and maintains process risk management documentation (PFMEA) to identify potential risks and implement preventive and corrective actions.
- Manages and/or supports equipment management, qualification and calibration.
- Leads creation of manufacturing process validation plans, validation protocols and reports, and implements manufacturing process validations and test method validations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams during development phase(s) and provides inputs and recommendations for design for manufacturability (DFM).
- Performs analysis for cost reduction, and quality and efficiency improvement.
- Prepares engineering change orders and coordinates the implementation of changes including training production staff.
- Troubleshoots designs and processes when defects occur and determines root cause and implements effective containment and countermeasures.
- Provides manufacturing engineering process direction and leadership to manufacturing engineers supporting production and new product components.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for career development and advancement of team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques, value stream mapping, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing people in a team-based environment.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and schedules.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to analyze, evaluate and develop solutions to a variety of technical and organizational issues.
- Must be a motivated team player.
- Must consistently meets his/her commitments.
- Ability to motivate and inspire change.
- Accountable for managing people, setting direction and deploying resources; typically, is responsible for performance evaluation, pay reviews and hire/fire decisions
- Results are primarily achieved through the work of others and typically depend on the manager's ability to influence and negotiate with parts of the organization where formal authority is not held.
- Accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred, or equivalent education/experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, tactics, and employees within a team.
- Experience transitioning products from prototype to qualified full rate production.
- Knowledge of automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) assembly and IPC and J-STD requirements for the manufacture of electronic applications.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
Valtronic Technologies (USA), Inc.
Why Work Here?Our company started in 1982 as a privately held organization that has grown over the years to become a global presence as one of the premier providers of microelectronic medical devices specializing in the design and manufacture of complete medical devices. Valtronic is a leading partner for companies pioneering the medical field with next-generation technology and products that help improve lives. Utilizing our engineering excellence, unique cleanroom operations and expertise in micro-electronic assembly techniques including flip-chip and wire bonding we help provide solutions in the medical device industry improving quality of life for families around the world.
Growing Company with Team friendly atmosphere.