Valtir is seeking a Commodity Manager for Pell City, Alabama who will be responsible for but not limited to identifying and locating sources of supply. This will entail qualification, negotiating, contract management and supplier/commodity strategies.
- Develop a commodity strategy
- Act as a key account manager (KAM) for the strategic suppliers
- Build up a SMI system (Supply Market Intelligence )
- Ensure the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership ) is most competitive in the supply market
- Act as a key member to drive the quality performance and continuous improvement in supplier side
- Scrutinize the global supply market and build up a strong supplier base to support Trinity's business strategy
- Reduce the overall materials lead/time and minimize the inventory level
- Maintain and develop relationships with strategic suppliers
- Organize quarterly business reviews with key suppliers
- Formulate, optimize and execute the commodity strategy
- Ensure capacity availability from key suppliers
- Conduct supplier risk analysis and mitigate the supply risk
- Manage contracts with suppliers, in compliance with law
- Drive the sustainability issues with key suppliers
- Initiate and execute the supplier certification program
- Develop/manage special projects with key suppliers, such as VMI project, e-procurement project, Ship-To-Stock project etc.
A minimum of Bachelor degree, with strong industrial, manufacturing / steel and fastener background. 3 to 5 years of commodity management experience in a heavy manufacturing, metals fabrication or industrial environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in sourcing or commodity management, with experience in heavy manufacturing, metals fabrication or industrial environment.
- Possess sufficient knowledge and skills to source, select and develop suppliers
- Proficient in build-up and development of relationship with all stakeholders, at all levels, internally and externally
- Strong project management experience
- High capability in cost-structure analysis, data-sensitive
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and under a fast pace environment, must have initiative and the ability to adapt to multi-tasking situations
- Dynamic, proactive and able to work under pressure and deliver results independently;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to win support from others; ability to critically evaluate issues and troubleshooting
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and experience with MRP systems
- Willing and able to travel as required
Valtir LLCPell City, AL
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.