The Collation Lead will be accountable for leading the production activities within their department and responsible for overall performance of manufacturing equipment including equipment operation, staffing, quality, cost, delivery, safety, continuous process improvement and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees departmental staffing, scheduling, development and coaching, performance review, planning for continuous improvement, and input to the budgeting process.
- Accountable for managing various work centers to support Lean (process, quality, safety) requirements to meet organizational objectives and meet or exceed defined production goals.
- Collects and analyzes data to support decision making and employee development.
- Participates in interview and selection process for the cell and/or job family, collaborates with interview team members to select candidates based on specific knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors representative of successful employees in existing positions.
- Develops and coaches individuals to support the process and to support operational objectives, strategic goals, and individual career goals. Has responsibility for final approval of training/progression plans.
- Collaborates with other family leaders to support decisions that affect business continuity.
- Develops and manages staffing schedules that support operational requirements to deliver material requirements. Communicates with previous and next shift Process Leads to maintain smooth shift transition related to operational status and work in process.
- Manages subordinate work time and time off records in company payroll systems.
- Leads or assists project teams to support continuous improvement.
- Communicates appropriately to create understanding of how daily activities link to operational goals and strategies.
- Cross-trains in other families to support business continuity.
- Assists with the administration of Progression certifications for subordinates by serving as the Lead representative on the certification team. Monitors Progression to ensure skill development.
- Partners with Process Manager for the designated family to maintain his/her own self development. Accountable for personal continuous learning through participation in routine and complex problem-solving activities related to the process or equipment in the designated job family and other job families. Develops his/her personal knowledge through participation in seminars, recommended readings, or company developmental activities on an ongoing basis.
- Accomplishes duties using safe work practices and equipment while being responsible for reporting all injuries and observed unsafe practices. Coaches fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contributes to the overall success of the company’s safety program.
- Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Five years related experience with two of the five years in a supervisor, lead or senior process technician role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Work in a team environment and effectively coach and train others
- Diagnose routine mechanical issue
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic to intermediate math computation
- Basic computer and office application skills
- Ability to lift/move up to 40#
- Ability to distinguish a full range of color
- Work in a noisy area using hearing protection
- Familiar with SAP and shop floor applications
- Ability to lead a high performing team
- Valid driver’s license required or eligible to get a valid Florida state driver’s license
From mailbox to mobile phone, Valpak brings exciting local business offers and opportunities to millions of consumers. Each month, our well known Blue Envelope of savings is mailed to nearly 39 million demographically targeted households in 45 states and 4 Canadian provinces. Our digital suite of products, including valpak.com, extends that reach by more than 110 million users.
Founded in 1968, Valpak is based in St. Petersburg, FL. Get to know Valpak's executive leaders and visit the Valpak career page valpak.com/careers for more info.
ValpakValpak is at the heart of communities across North America, helping people save, businesses grow and neighborhoods thrive. It provides print and digital advertising through a network of 160 local franchises across the U.S. and Canada. From mailbox to mobile phone, Valpak brings exciting local business offers and opportunities to millions of consumers. Each month, our well known Blue Envelope of savings is mailed to nearly 39 million demographically targeted households in 45 states and 4 Canadian provinces. Our digital suite of products, including valpak.com, extends that reach by more than 110 million users. Founded in 1968, Valpak is based in St. Petersburg, FL. Get to know Valpak's executive leaders and visit the Valpak career page valpak.com/careers for more info.