Part-Time - Primary Care/Mental Health Integration LCSW/Counselor
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve. Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
Under the supervision of the Clinic Administrator and/or National Director of Behavioral Health Services, the Mental Health Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) Clinician provides a variety of trauma-informed services including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, individual counseling, crisis planning and intervention, psychoeducation, referral for resources and benefits, and case management services as needed. Collaborates with core PACT Team(s) (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team(s) including family/caregiver, VA, and community-based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
Primary Care Mental Health Integration (PCMHI) is an evidence-based model of collaborative care which seeks to expand mental health access, assessment, and treatment in the outpatient primary care setting. Clinicians in this role will undergo training for the model through their local VA and must pass the certification process. PCMHI clinicians provide brief, solution focused interventions for veterans. Sessions typically last 30 min or less and consist of 6 or less per issue per year. Candidates’ degree requirement (PhD or Masters level) depends on the requirements of the local VA.
This position is 3 days/24 hours a week. As well as it can be hybrid with schedule being based on candidate preference during our clinic hours of M-F, 8 - 4:30. Great position for flexibility!
- Great work lifestyle balance! No on call, weekends off, 11 federal holidays, and increasing PTO the longer you stay with Valor.
- Competitive pay! We offer based on experience and monitor market trends to ensure we are providing a great rate for our employees.
- Access to Medical through Aetna as well as dental/vision too!
- Annual performance reviews to discuss goals, raises, concerns, etc.
- Great support system through clinic management peers, HR, Recruiting department, all the way up to the executive level.
- Patient Care:
- Performs initial and follow-up evaluations, including assessments.
- Engages the veteran, core, and expanded PACT team members in treatment planning.
- Provides a range of treatment services, including individual therapy.
- Treatment services are typically focused on behavior activation and short term needs specific to a range of physical and behavioral health issues, including but not limited to Diabetes, Heart Conditions, Depression, Anxiety, and Adjustment Disorders.
- Provides evidence-based psychotherapies as necessary and appropriate.
- Provide emergency care, as needed, for all patients enrolled in the CBOC, including referring patients for emergency primary care treatment, psychiatric medication evaluation, or coordinating the admission of patients to an inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint, coordinates family conferences and serves as liaison to family members.
- Understands the intimidation of bureaucracy and will act as an advocate when it serves the best interest of the Veteran and family members/caregiver. When appropriate and feasible, the Social Worker will educate and encourage the Veteran to advocate on his/her own behalf, thus fostering a sense of independence and empowerment.
- Makes rapid assessments and responds to psychiatric emergencies.
- Provides case management to Veterans and families as needed throughout the continuum of care.
- Addresses issues such as advance directives and organ donation in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Inputs all patient information into VISTA/CPRS.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Maintains confidentiality of veteran data and information.
- Participates in staff meetings regarding clinical. administrative, and staff development issues.
- Provides consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and adherence to treatment plan.
- Participates in program planning and development, making recommendations for changes in policies and procedures as needs and opportunities arise.
- Collaborates in the performance improvement processes and complies with performance measures as required by Valor and the VA.
- Participates in activities that obtain feedback from veterans and works to enhance services as needed.
- Complies with all Valor and VA training requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Compliance: Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Clinical Outcomes: Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Customer Service: Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran and his/her family, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere for our colleagues and veterans, ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met. Ability to conversationally diffuse situations.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary clinical team in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Collaborates with Clinic leadership to resolve veteran concerns or complaints.
- Enrollment Growth: Participate in the clinic’s outreach events to help support the clinic’s enrollment initiatives.
- Save & Recapture: Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Strategic Initiatives: Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
- Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA), the Psychological Clinical Science Accreditation System (PCSAS), or the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) at the time the program was completed.
- Master's degree, or higher, in Social Work from a program registered by the Department of Education is required, with specific training dealing with adult patients. Equivalent degrees (Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, etc..) will be considered and are subject to final approval from the local VA.
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted LCSW/MSW (or equivalent) license in the state of desired employment and able to independently practice at the master’s degree level.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' post-master direct counseling experience with adult patients. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Proven mastery of advanced sociological, psychological, and mental health care related interventions and issues.
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract.
- Must be compliant with federal, state, local government, or contract specific vaccine mandates and/or requirements
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Valor Healthcare, Inc.Cookeville, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.