Medical Office Receptionist
- $19 to $21 Hourly
Valor Healthcare is looking for a passionate Medical Office Receptionist to join our team at the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) in (gardena). In exchange for your dedication and experience, we are proud to offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, generous time off and a weekday schedule.
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve. Valor operates more than 50 VA CBOCs in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We provide a full range of medical services to veterans through the operations of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
As a Medical Office Receptionist, you will provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to patients with diseases and injuries seeking treatment in the clinic, as directed by physician or mid-level provider. You will collaborate with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community-based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Actively assists with the administrative support related to patientcare.
- Inputs all patients' information into VISTA/CPRS.
- Verifies any and all clinical reminders "due" at the time of each patient visit are completed prior to check out.
- Check patients in and/or out of the clinic.
- Schedule clinic appointments.
- Answers phones and timely relays messages.
- Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through data input accuracy and within the specified VA guidelines.•Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent education
- Strong computer skills, EMR experience preferred
- Demonstrated high quality customer service & organization skills
- Minimum, 1-year experience in a clinical or call center environment (preferred).
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency - AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Valor Healthcare, Inc.Gardena, CA
Get fresh Medical Office Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.