At Valor, we are seeking team members who are passionate to make a difference by serving our customers, admiring our people and are committed to consistently exceeding expectations.
Who are we looking for?
The Medical Collections Specialist will provide superior customer service to patients calling in regarding their account. The ideal candidate will be clear and effective in their communication, self-motivated and able to stay focused and productive with minimal supervision. The Medical Collections Specialist will keep the patient experience and satisfaction a priority on every call and provide the highest quality of support to the patients and customers. The ideal candidate will be able to be flexible based on customer’s needs, detail oriented and able to stay calm under pressure. This is a call center environment with call expected call metrics of between 50 and 70 calls a day.
- Meets and exceeds all call center metrics including but not limited to handle rate, talk time, work time, hold time and not ready time
- Provides exceptional customer service and professionalism on every call
- Speaks to customer’s billing policies accurately
- Documents accounts accurately and professionally in alignment with department standards
- Updates insurance information, review and explains claim adjudication and explanation of benefits and collect any patient responsibility due
- Can resolve problems independently through research and with solution-based approach
- Escalates unresolved problems to Management and follows up accordingly
- Communicates professionally in a verbal and written manner
What qualifications are needed?
- Clear understanding of medical industry and healthcare laboratory billing procedures
- Knowledge of HIPPA laws
- Experience with medical billing software is preferred. Knowledge of ABN, Appeals, EOBs, CPT AND ICD-10 coding
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interface with customers and company personnel at all levels of the organization
- Must be well organized and possess a strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required, Bachelor’s, Associates Degree preferred
- 1 year directly related in medical billing, medical claims/billing environment involving negotiation, problem resolution and/or order entry, medical administration, medical front office
- Knowledge of insurance plans, medical terminology, and medical office software preferred
- Able to multitask, prioritize work, be flexible and detail oriented, and a team player with a positive attitude