Tech Competency Writer (Security, Productivity)
Valnet Freelance Boston, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.
Valnet Inc. is looking for Tech Competency writers who are technology enthusiasts for the website makeuseof.com.
MakeUseOf is one of the largest technology publications on the web today. We aim to equip all readers, whether they’re newcomers to tech or seasoned veterans, with the tools they need to make the most of their technology.
We simplify complex topics into guides that anyone can understand, whether they’re looking for a list of great apps, need help fixing an issue, or want a product recommendation. Every article leaves the reader with something valuable to take away.
Our Tech Competency Writers specialize in Security, Productivity, and/or Tech Explained. They have excellent English language writing skills as well as the ability to breakdown complex topics.
- Write 8 features articles per month, with no upper limit
- Generate and pitch new ideas/topics
- Stay up to date on the latest tech news, products, and updates
- Maintain Freelance Contractor schedule
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 articles you've written that demonstrate your knowledge of tech and your writing abilities
- Specify the vertical you are most interested in being considered for (Security, Productivity, and/or Tech Explained)
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Expert knowledge of one or more technology platforms, product, or apps
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
We will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team.
Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
Powered by JazzHR