One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is looking for a dynamic Global Marketing Intern. The intern will work directly with the Global Marketing Department. The Global Marketing Intern will assist with social media, website, website analytics, and perform other miscellaneous duties. This internship position is perfect for someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced environment and wanting to learn more about the marketing industry. The intern will not only learn about what it takes to make a digital program successful, but also will have the opportunity to see it from start to finish. This position is approximately 20 per week during the school year and 40 hours a week during the summer internship program depending on applicant's availability, and based out of the corporate headquarters in Omaha, NE.
Valmont's internship program mission is to provide a hands-on learning experience through project work, leadership development, job shadowing and interaction with senior leadership.
- Schedule content across social channels
- Monitor comments, draft responses
- Assist copywriter with content creation
- Compile reporting and analysis of social platforms
- Assist with social media strategy and maintain editorial calendar for assigned divisions
- Recommend strategies to increase participation
- Update webpages with content
- Perform website audits
- Website Analytics
- Flag articles/ads online and in print
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Assist with company meetings and events
- Digital marketing testing and QA
- Project Management
- Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism, Web Development or related field. Or MBA student.
- Knowledge of digital advertising
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge, passion and curiosity for social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- High interest in understanding social/digital/technology trends
- Work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with a desire to tackle challenging opportunities
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Articulate, strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and personable
- Professional attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- A minimum 3.0 GPA
- Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop
- Interest in international marketing
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required
- Great opportunity to gain career related course work experience from an industry leader
- Paid Internship - Valmont values you
- Potential development into a regular full-time position
- Flexible full-time day shift hours during the summer
- A thriving culture in a growing business
- Interactive group activities with intern peers
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont's employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.