Interested in Automation and Controls? Looking to gain skills from an industry leader?
Join our Field Service team and expand your skill set in electrical systems and programming to support the performance of large-scale papermaking equipment at our customers facilities! If you are someone who has a passion for learning, enjoys a challenging, versatile, & team-oriented work environment, consider starting your career at Valmet! As a Field Service Representative, you will not only use your prior understanding and knowledge within controls but bring innovative thoughts to help move our customers’ performance forward.
- Troubleshooting of programming and software related issues.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve machine functionality issues.
- Leading and performing on-site repair or preventive maintenance services at customer sites in accordance with contract requirements.
- Providing customer feedback and support of control systems for optimal machine functionality.
- Communicate to customers regarding the status of the job.
- Generating customer-focused, high quality, timely field reports with strong recommendations for improvement.
WHAT YOU NEED
A four-year OR two-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation, or related field required; 1-2 years’ experience in controls and programming required; OR a combination of education and experience.
Paper industry experience a plus, but not required. Competence in HMI control and PLC software (Allen Bradley) highly desired.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon a background check and drug screen.
We offer a dynamic work environment with an innovative culture that suits development-minded people who enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic setting. This includes a competitive wage and a generous benefits package that has a company-funded pension plan as well as a 401k with company match.
Where everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.