Are you an optimistic person that enjoys working in a team environment? Do you enjoy helping others through your proactive problem-solving skills? Would people describe you as organized, thorough, and self-disciplined? Do you get energized working in a fast-paced, structured environment? Valmark Financial Group is looking for a candidate that possess these skills to join our team as a Case Manager on our Life Insurance New Business Team.
Come Join Our Team!
At Valmark, people are the most critical component of our long-term success and fittingly the number one reason why our employees say they love working here. Employees encourage each other to succeed and have a true desire to help our advisors and clients, defining the Golden Rule that is the very essence of our culture. We also invest in our people and challenge them to reach new goals and professional development opportunities, while allowing the flexibility of a work-life balance. Our entrepreneurial spirit fosters new ideas and ways of thinking that makes working here interesting and exciting, while our management team is collaborative and transparent with a clear vision for long-term success. These things combined have made Valmark a place where you will find rewarding and fulfilling careers.
The Case Manager actively manages and facilitates the smooth and efficient processing of formal and informal life insurance applications through the new business and underwriting process at Valmark’s carrier partners. The Case Manager provides world class customer service by acting as an advocate on behalf of Valmark’s Member Offices and their clients to achieve timely processing of their life insurance cases and favorable underwriting and new business outcomes.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Manage an average of 80-100 pending life insurance cases from submission through payment, including reviewing new life insurance applications to ensure they are in good order, ordering medical requirements, providing case status updates, navigating and resolving new business issues, completing quality review and serving as a liaison between Member Offices and Carriers.
- Develop a good understanding of Valmark systems and resources including but not limited to: eAPP, eDelivery, MyCase, CRM, OnBase, Connect resources, Outlook, Vital Term, and PURE.
- Actively build mutually beneficial relationships with dedicated Member Offices, carrier new business and underwriting teams, and internal team members (Insurance Marketing, Concierge, New Business, and Policy Management Teams).
- Provide high-quality customer service while serving as a primary contact for Member Offices in investigating and resolving New Business issues.
- Develop a good understanding of life insurance carrier’s processes and underwriting guidelines with the goal of being viewed by Member Offices as a new business expert.
- Advocate for the Member Office with the carrier in a manner that is consumer and sales friendly to achieve the most favorable underwriting and new business outcome.
- Skillfully promote pre-determined new business initiatives to increase usage, adoption, and awareness.
- Add value to the new business process when a case encounters challenges by skillfully negotiating a creative solution agreeable to the carrier, Member Office and their client.
- Assist Manager of New Business in completing new business-related projects that provide value to New Business Team.
- Ability to build and develop lasting relationships to provide high-level customer services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Windows-based software experience
- Highly-detailed oriented and strong organization skills
- Ability and high capacity to learn multiple areas of discipline to include medical and non-medical underwriting knowledge, new business administration, and basic product knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maturity to deal with high net worth clients
- Positively and effectively deal with change
- Friendly, cheerful personality
Required Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred Education And Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Life Insurance License
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 Securities Licenses
- 5+ years of industry experience may be substituted in lieu of the above education
This is a largely sedentary role. It may involve repetitive motions in the hands/wrists as this role is dependent on consistent computer-use during the workday.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in working hours is allowed, but the employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Overtime may be required based on business needs.
Valmark reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. This job description in no way implies this is an all-inclusive list of responsibilities to be performed by the Employee in this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”.