- Expired: January 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Valley of the Sun JCC has an opening for an IT Specialist to join our team. This is a full?time exempt position based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our campus features a state-of-the-art fitness center, outdoor pools, gymnasium, early childhood education center, cultural programs, day camps, recreational sports, and much more, which serve our members as well as nonmember program participants.
Our full?time employees are eligible for our benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, short and long?term disability insurances, voluntary insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, 401K, health savings account, complimentary membership at The J and program discounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES: Summary
An IT Specialist's role at the JCC is crucial to its operation. They ensure that all technical aspects are functioning optimally to prevent any hiccups that can affect a company's performance. Individual manages enterprise level, VOIP, Office 365, networking, server management, hardware, software, maintains, tests, and repairs systems and networks as needed. Responsibilities include assisting staff with technical issues or questions relating to computer hardware or software devices. Utilizes advanced technical knowledge to plan and implement technical solutions. Provides technical leadership and support and resolves problems of a comprehensive and complex nature. Assists users/departments in formulating requests or proposals and in determining information system needs assessments. Provides leadership and guidance for current IT system, but also develops a strategy to grow agency in the future with a proven record to stay within budget.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Performs complex problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems for agency users.
- Provides in-depth individual and/or group instruction and training to staff, on new or updated technologies.
- Maintains, updates and audits systems; documents project, writes and maintains user instructions.
- Oversees, maintains, and inputs applicable records such as, but not limited to, network users, security, and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials. May input, reconcile, and audit computers systems as needed.
- Performs advanced technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; troubleshoots and resolves complex system hardware, software, and network failures and conflicts.
- Review, evaluation, and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Research and development initiatives and provide assistance in the implementation of new technologies.
- Serves as a primary project member on technology projects with large scope and impact.
- Perform the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, networks, workstations and/or other related equipment and devices.
- Maintains all of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
- Handles staff technical support cases through phone and email submission.
- Evaluates system potential through assessing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Improves existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, reviewing proposed changes, and making recommendations.
- Maintains the phones systems to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Maintains all Technology in the building as assigned.
- Maintains system functionality by testing computer components.
- Achieves computer stem objectives through collecting relevant data, identifying, and evaluating options and suggesting a course of action.
- Maintains staff confidence by keeping their information confidential.
- Prepare reference materials for users by drafting operation instructions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS / LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona
SCHEDULE: As needed and required by the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching. Kneeling under desks, lifting items up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
- High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- A technical support specialist needs to have a rich academic background in technical specialization. Education and training qualifications are a necessary guarantee that the candidate has a sufficient foundation in the field of a technical support specialist. Some basic education and training requirements may also include a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, which are not necessary but may be a benefit. A technical specialist may also have training in computer programs with professional certificates and an ITIL foundation.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- VOIP, Enterprise, Office 365, Networking and Server management experience is required.
- Experience being the only IT staff member overseeing all facets of IT with a proven record of success.
- Knowledge of a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Problem solver, multitasker who knows how to manager requests in level of need.
- Ability to perform advanced preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and functional direction to staff and/or management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to determine and resolve computer problems and to coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex VOIP, Enterprise, O365, server, computer, and network problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
- Network design and implementation.
- Exceptional vendor relationships.
- Outstanding knowledge of software maintenance.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Load balancing and scalability.
- Database performance modification.
- Process improvement.
- Software performance modification.
To learn more about the J, please see our website at vosjcc.org. The J is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E? Verify program.
Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center
Get fresh FULL Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.