Are you a Drupal developer who thrives in a team environment? Do you enjoy working with multi-disciplinary project teams to create excellent software solutions? Are you interested in applying your web development experience to a public agency environment where you have the satisfaction of knowing your work supports the mission of providing safe, clean and reliable water, flood protection, and environmental stewardship to Santa Clara Valley? If so, check out this unique opportunity.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Drupal developer who can communicate and collaborate across the organization effectively, as well as translate the technical language for non-technical people. They will be highly motivated, customer-oriented, independent yet highly effective in a team environment, and a self-starter, problem-solver and quick-learner with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and support the Content Management System (CMS) in Drupal.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather business and functional requirements and recommend business solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.
- Build reusable components, templates, code, and libraries.
- Work with Valley Water’s website stakeholders and vendors optimize web applications, forms, and content searching for maximum speed and scalability. Review, assess, and apply security fixes and updates. Monitor and report website security, performance, and analytics. Create detailed documentation. Share technical expertise with the team.
- Support, administer, and maintain third party enterprise products such as customer relationship management or others. Work with vendors' technical support to resolve issues and provide root cause analysis. Manage vendors' activities and supporting hours when required.
- Serve as a project manager in the design, development, and maintenance of Valley Water’s most complex applications and provide lead supervision to assigned staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as supporting in-house Oracle APEX applications.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
- Five (5) years of web technologies and/or software development experience.
- At least five (5) years of website design and management experience.
- At least three years of Drupal development experience, including experience with Drupal upgrades.
- Salesforce experience (preferred but not required).
- Oracle APEX experience preferred but not required.
- Experience administrating customer relationship management system is a strong plus.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Provide technical support for the implementation, maintenance, and documentation of various software applications, including user procedures.
- Respond to and identify user needs and determine resolutions.
- Apply methods and techniques of application design, development, and implementation.
- Detect, isolate, and resolve application problems.
- Provide advice, assist, and train others.
- Recommend appropriate technology to meet client needs.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Recommend, design, implement, and install computer software applications.
- Install, troubleshoot, and upgrade Valley Water information systems applications.
- Perform complex spatial analysis using multiple attributes and virtual scenarios.
- Design, install, test, implement and maintain Valley Water internet and intranet web sites and related applications.
- Upgrade and configure web servers to optimize applications.
- Train, organize, assign, and review the work of staff.
- Cloud Computing Technologies such as Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of software applications.
- Principles and procedures for quality assurance and computer/system security.
- Methods and techniques of application development, design, and programming.
- Principles and procedures of quality assurance and security related to computer, and information systems.
- Principles of database management.
- Standard graphics mark-up languages, programming languages and tools related to Internet systems.
- Operational characteristics of a variety of computer platforms and operating systems.
- Methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of information system applications
- Internet security principles, protocols, methods, and procedures.
- Advanced computer programming, data analysis, and software development.
- Principles, practices, and responsibilities involved in leading the work of assigned staff.
Ideal Training and Education:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, or a related field. Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education.
- Acquia certification is not required but is highly desirable.
Required License or Certificate:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.